I

Diet Mountain Dew, Baby!

⊱ | ✾ | ⊰

Eren Jaeger was bored out of his mind.

Maybe it was because he lacked interest in his life, or maybe he was just hungry and that he needed a slice of chocolate mousse cake. Sprinkled with chocolate chips, served with a side of brownies, topped with chocolate syrup, and finally a pint of chocolate ice cream for last. The boy's mouth immediately drooled in craving.

"Ugh, I'm so hungry!" he cried, talking to particularly no one but to himself. "What's Mom taking so long?"

He and his mother, Carla had went to the hospital to get her monthly check-up. Due to her growing age, it was no wonder that the poor woman had been sickly lately.

Eren waited and waited. He watched the clock hung on the colorless wall, it had been an estimated forty or so minutes since his mother had gone inside the doctor's office. The waiting room had been a monotonous white, the brunet wondered why hospitals couldn't go for pastel colors as a color scheme.

White flooring, white walls, white doors, white hospital gowns. It's so dull in here! Eren sighed deeply, a little too loud for the old lady next to him for comfort, as he leaned further into the seat. He didn't notice the scrutiny in her glare as she resumed reading her newspaper.

He began to bite his fingernails, it had been a ridiculous habit of his since he was five years old. The brunet visibly spat the broken nails out of his mouth and to the floor. Witnessing this dirty act, the old lady had had enough and rolled up the papers in her hands.

"Kids these days are so disgusting. ." she scoffed and walked away, dragging her IV pole with her.

Said the grandma who's wearing a diaper. Eren thought menacingly, he dared not say it out loud.

Finally, when he thought all hope was lost, his mother appeared out the door. "Eren, sweetheart, did you wait long? We have to go buy the medicine on this prescription."

He crossed his arms. "I wanna go eat sweets, Mom. Right now."

Carla laughed softly, "Alright, alright."

After exiting the arid hospital, the two walked to their car and drove off. The drive to the pastry shop took longer than expected, there had been a traffic and Eren couldn't help but grow more and more impatient. His stomach grumbled at the mere thought of chocolate.

"If this keeps up, you'll end up with broken teeth, Eren."

Eren rolled his eyes and looked out the passenger seat window. "I take good care of them."

The brunet honestly didn't care. Nothing and he meant absolutely nothing could ever make his undying love for sweets falter. He'd let someone bury him alive if his coffin were filled to the brim with every assortment of sweets and candies. He assured himself that it wouldn't be so bad.

"I know, honey. I just think that you should slow down on your sugar. You ate an entire buffet of diabetes yesterday morning, and you didn't even eat breakfast before that. Then you went back in the afternoon after eating some moldy sandwich."

"It wasn't a moldy sandwich, okay?" Eren pouted, "It was really good street bologna. And I just got overly excited so I rushed to Mr. Hannes' to get a thirty-minute head start. It only happens once a year, Mom, think about it!" he tried his best to convince her of his notion.

Carla heaved a puff of air in defeat. "Just don't go overboard next time."

"Oh right! I got a text from Armin and Mikasa earlier that we'd hang out later on, so you don't have to wait for me." he said, eyes glued to his phone.