Prologue

My name is Eren Jaeger.

And this is my story.

From the moment I met Levi Ackerman, that was when I realized that I had desires for men that were much older than me.

Did I hate myself for being that way? Yes. Do I regret it? Never.

I was always an unusual boy who thought of himself as this picture perfect girl: sweet, innocent, having a lightness in every step, and relying on the kindness of strangers. Then I realized my soul was as black as tar, as red as the blood that run through my veins.

For a while I didn't know what the hell was going on with me, I admit, but I loved him. I love him, more than I've ever hated him. Every day I found myself in awe of the entirety of him, every cold expression, every uttered curse, every word of wisdom, every breath of smoke he drew from his cigar. . Despite everything that happened between us, Levi was worth it.

He was worth everything.

I know that on the surface it may seem unreal, as if it's something you only find in fiction. It may seem very different to all the tragic young girls and boys who have faced the particular trials I've had.

Yet one way or another, even in our differences in perspectives, we are all the same.

I learned a lot of things, and one of them is the balance between beauty and repulsion to which both sides of this fine line relied on manipulation.

Please don't feel sorry for me, or cry too much because I decided it was the only way.

My story began the day we first kissed, the day my tongue buried into the only lips that brought a fire within my bones.

The day I fell in love with a degenerate.