II

Fire Of His Loins

⊱ | ✾ | ⊰

Levi Ackerman stomped his way into school grounds, murmuring a curse.

Which fucker's sick idea was it to hold a school meeting on a Sunday? Teachers and staff in all of Shiganshina Academy had been called in to attend this "wonderous" gathering. Levi was reluctant to go since he already had the perfect solitary date planned out for the day. However, the plan was forced to delay as he had gotten an early call from his close friend and nutcase of a woman, Hange Zoe. He half wondered if the universe possessed some sort of dark agenda towards him.

During the meeting, the noiret had been chosen as a substitute to take charge of middle-school mathematics since the former teacher had retired. He had a bachelor's degree in the subject so it had been Erwin's idea and recommendation to have him teach until the school year ended. Of course, Levi felt highly inadequate to the job since he didn't just sacrifice majority of his precious years attending law school for this. He was a fine and respectable lawyer, not a babysitter running around with a couple of snot-nosed brats. However, being the "cordial" man Levi was, he agreed.

When it concluded, he was handed student files to look into to better understand what creatures he was dealing with for the rest of the school year.

Another sigh as Levi walked through the halls, carrying his briefcase with him. His face wrinkled in disgust and made it a point that whoever the janitor was, he needed to get fired, kaput, finished, banished from existence.

The sunlight illuminated floating dust motes by the windows and there were handprints on the glass panes. The cleaning was just utterly mediocre to the point where the grumpy man had to bring about his legendary alcohol bottle and sprayed some onto his hands.

Rubbing his palms together, he was greeted by the deranged Hange. "Hey Short-stack, you should've been the janitor instead! How was France?"

"The French love their cheese, if not passionate about it." he deadpanned, completely ignoring her presence. "And you're still as crazy as you were the last time I saw you."

"Ha, please! All the best people are." The brunette gave him a toothy grin as she followed behind him. "What're you up to? Anything interesting?"

"I'm off to the library to review the files of my students and aside from my sister, the brats I'm in charge of probably skipped primary school. This is going to be a pain in my ass."

"Ah, Mikasa!" she exclaimed, "I can see the resemblance," A mischievous smirk crossed her face. "Minus the wrinkles, of course."

Levi glared at her. If only looks could kill, the brunette would have dropped dead by now. "Like you're getting any younger, Shitty Glasses."

"Hey!" she crossed her arms defensively, "I'm only thirty, I think that's fairly young."

"Whatever you say."

"Anyways," Hange pushed back her glasses. "I'm so glad you're back, Ravioli, I'm sure Erwin would say the same. Oh一and the eighth graders are an interesting lot, you're gonna love 'em."

"Thanks, I'll be sure to give Eyebrows my regards tomorrow." Levi halted for a moment and looked her in the eye. "And I highly doubt it, I hate everybody." Then he was off again.

Hange left him to his devices when the conversation ended. After years of friendship, she knew the silver-tongued man liked to be left alone. She smiled softly at him as his figure disappeared across the path.

When Levi reached his car, the engine of his Ford roared to life. He sped off towards the local coffee shop deciding to spend a romantic date with a monumental drink to ease his spirits. He ordered a cup of black tea, which mostly consisted of earl gray lavender that had a hint of ceylon sonata. He relaxed in his seat, sipping the fine liquid and catching a glimpse of his wristwatch. There were a couple minutes past ten.