XIX

Fire Proof Lover

⊱ | ✾ | ⊰

As flowers opened in spring, happiness bloomed in emotional warmth inside Eren's body.

By the time he went to his room to change out of his wet clothes, Levi had gotten out of the car, leaning on it with arms crossed. The man stood there, waiting for him patiently until he noticed the boy through the bedroom window. Eren pulled the wet shirt he had on over his head so sensually slow, then leaning forward and peeling the booty shorts off. When he went to remove his panties, he became aware of Levi staring. Seduction was what Eren did best without exerting any effort at all. Their eyes met but he didn't just look at the man, he looked into him as if he knew his desires. Then teasingly, he stuck a tongue out at him before yanking the curtains closed.

An unholy discontent lit Levi's face. He immediately longed for another kiss, with the smooth touch of Eren's body, poised, and just the right blend of relaxation and tension.

Eren kept a smile on his face when he wriggled his favorite yellow sundress and sandals on, running back downstairs and out the back door. "You're such a perverted old man, Levi," he smiled at him like a mischievous schoolboy, "You like watching little boys undress?"

"Tch, don't lump me in with those repulsive pigs."

"So you only like it when it's me undressing?" Eren asked, presenting the cheekiest grin. "No one else?"

Levi hated to admit it but he knew the brunet was as right as the fact that the Earth was round. Rolling his eyes, he hummed in response, earning a victorious cheer from the youth. "Just get in the damn car, kid."

During the drive in town, the clean atmosphere in the car brought the freshness of the country air to Eren's senses. After reaching a road with finely smoothed pavement, Eren sat in awe on the passenger seat. Levi's house was almost exactly how he pictured it. When the two exited the vehicle after it was parked out front, Eren marveled at the sight before him. The house was large, not too large but maybe enough to house an entire family of giraffes. The kind in which American kids dreamed of growing up in. Secluded among trees, it had a gable, a balcony, a screened-in front porch, a glass room, a pool, and a small formal garden. It was the American dream.

The inside gleamed with the spotless silence of for-company-only, welcoming from the open door to the wide hallway. A foyer that looked like it would accommodate Serengeti trees at the foot of a vast curving staircase that probably went to heaven. The floors were an old-fashioned parquet with a blend of deep homely browns and the walls were the whites of clouds meeting a dark gray baseboard.

"It's like a museum!" Eren was wonderstruck by his surroundings as they walk through the house. Levi let out a deep chuckle.

"She's pretty." The brunet said, staring at a small portrait of a slim woman with light-colored eyes and long dark hair that cascaded along her back. A lovely white dress hugged her figure and had her hands atop her lap. She had facial features that resembled those of Levi. It was the only thing hung in the hallway, perched above a table of freshly placed flowers. Eren realized she was someone Levi had a deep regard for. "It's amazing, you both look so alike."

Levi didn't say anything at first, eyes steadily fixated on the painting protected inside a sleeve-buffed glass frame. "That's my mother."