Chapter 6 : Platform 9 3/4

Harry got up on the day of his birthday and let a small smile show on his face. Today, on his 11th birthday, he would become the Potter. After today, Albus Dumbledore would find it near impossible to control him through legal means.

After he got up, finished his chores and dressed for the day in red and silver robes (the Potter family colours), he walked down the marble staircase where many of his family portraits wished him a happy birthday. Sticking to his routine, he entered the entrance hall and stepped outside. He walked on the path created in the middle of the lush, beautiful gardens for several minutes until he reached the lake. Once he arrived, all of the 200 family's house elves shouted "Happy birthday Master Hadrian" as he approached them. Harry smiled and thanked them and told them to enjoy themselves as he had understood over time that house elves as a species loved to be merry as much as they loved to work.

After thanking the house elves Harry turned and watched as his thunderbird familiar slowly landed next to him. He heard Aquila's voice inside his mind, "Happy Birthday little one. I can sense today is an important day as the decisions you make from this day onward is going to shape you for life. My advice is to not bow down to anyone, but at the same time listen to the wise and people who truly care about you. Also, don't ever forget that I'm always here by your side."

Harry's eyes welled with tears as he hugged the giant bird. "I know Aquila. I wouldn't even be where I am if not for you. I am about to take on the duties and responsibilities of my family today. As much as I think I'm ready and willing, I also wish I could be a regular eleven-year-old boy. But whatever the case, today is my birthday and I'm going to enjoy it. Later today, you and I are going on a long flight", he said and grinned.

After breakfast, Harry walker deep into the castle and entered the ward room. The last time he had been here, he had been fighting for his life from his previous treatment. He took a deep breath and entered the ritual circle as he looked upon the Potter Crest directly in front of him. It was a large rectangle which was painted deep red, where two silver griffins faced each other; between them was a golden shield with two swords with a large red 'P' at the centre. Below the rectangle, he read the family motto "Natus Vincere", which translated to "Born to Conquer." He took a deep breath and confidently spoke...

"I, Hadrian James Potter, Heir of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Potter, do hereby swear by wearing this ring to uphold the values and traditions of my family. As Lord Potter, I swear to bring back my family's honour and strive for the betterment of my magical brethren. This I swear, so mote it be!"

Harry closed his eyes as the family magic swirled around him and judged him to see whether he was worthy. After what seemed like an eternity to him, the silver and red aura around him settled into his skin. The Lord's ring appeared in his right ring finger and the heir's ring disappeared from his left ring finger. Taking a deep breath he slowly opened his eyes and could feel the wards around Potter Castle as well as gaining all the information pertaining to the various other properties as well. As a result of this, all secret information which was only ever shared from one Lord Potter to the next settled into his mind. He gazed at the platinum ring that had a large red diamond with the Potter crest visible on the stone with immaculate detail, something which would be impossible without magic.

Harry was now the Lord of the Potter family. He had used an ancient law that had been enacted by the Wizengamot and was also mentioned in the Potter family Charter. If the heir of an Ancient family was the last of the line, he could claim his headship on his eleventh or fourteenth birthday and be considered as an emancipated minor. Albus Dumbledore was no longer his magical guardian and could not legally use his influence to make Harry bend to his wishes. But this was only the first step. But for now, he had to go to Gringotts as he had a certain Will to read.

Harry spent the next month studying and training rigorously but also managed to spend time flying with Aquila. So by September 1st, Hadrian Potter was ready to take on the magical world.

Harry got ready on the first of September and made his way to the floo. He had sent Hedwig ahead as he knew she wouldn't like to be caged for several hours during the journey as he knew how it was like to be locked up from his painful memories of his time at the Dursleys.

He traveled to Platform Nine and Three-Quarters by floo and found an empty compartment. He was quite early and there were not many people on the platform and took out a book on Runes to start reading as he knew it was going to be a long journey.

Just before the clock struck eleven, a group of red heads entered the station and Harry shook his head. He had researched about them of course as they were considered blood traitors who worshiped Albus Dumbledore like he was the second coming of Merlin and were staunch Gryffindors. Lord Rangok had informed him beforehand that Dumbledore had tried to create a marriage contract for Harry with the youngest Weasley girl. Thankfully he was unsuccessful because the Potter family Charter prohibited a non-Potter guardian from doing so.

Just as the train started moving, there was a knock on his compartment door and a girl came in and asked, "Hey, do you mind if my friend and I sit here?"

Harry shook his head conveying that he didn't mind. So the girl came in carrying her trunk and with her came a beautiful girl with long dark blonde hair and deep blue eyes.

Daphne Greengrass