Chapter 41 : Hem Hem

Amelia spent the next ten minutes explaining to the members what had happened Saturday night. She showed them the memory of her interrogating Cedric and Harry after the incident. She again performed the Reverse spell effect on Lockhart's wand to prove that he had indeed used those spells last, which were described by both boys.

"I would like approval of this august body to grant the DMLE the right to use Veriteserum on the accused. We still have no idea if he has molested any victims prior to his attack of Mr Diggory and Lord Potter" said Amelia.

Just as the Chief Witch was about to speak, she was interrupted by someone saying "Hem Hem."

Amelia mentally groaned when she heard that sound. She really hated Dolores Umbridge, the newly appointed Senior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magic. She was a bitch, and a nasty piece of work, not to mention a personal friend of Lucius Malfoy.

"The chair recognises Dolores Umbridge, Senior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magic" said the Chief Witch, with a bit of distaste. Clearly, she didn't like the woman either. Harry looked at Umbridge, and he had to control himself from laughing at the sight before him. Umbridge was a very short, plump woman, whose face resembled a toad. In fact, Harry was sure that she was going to croak any moment.

"Hem Hem. Thank you Chief Witch Acton" said Umbridge in a fake surgery sweet voice. Her eyes landed on Harry, and Harry saw that she had an evil glint in her eyes. Whatever she was going to say, he was sure he wasn't going to like it. "I was wondering if the Wizengamot could view Mr Potter's memory of the event. If he is not lying, I'm sure he would have no objection to do so, don't you agree?" she asked and gave a girlish giggle at the end.

Harry's eyes flashed an intense green. Before anyone could say anything, Sirius stood up and said "Objection, Chief Witch."

"The chair recognises Lord Sirius Black, Lord of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Black and Regent of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Potter" said Lady Acton.

"Thank you, Chief Witch. I would like to object to Madam Umbridge's proposal because it is unethical. This is because the memory in question shows both Mr Diggory and Lord Potter being sexually assaulted, and that being the case, both of them were forced to be completely undressed. I will not have my godson's naked body be displayed to the public nor will I have it on the front page of the Daily Prophet, and I'm sure Mr Diggory and rest of the members of this august body approve as well" he said firmly.

"Hem Hem. Are you suggesting that the boy in question may be lying? Mr Lockhart is a very famous author. Accusing him without presenting the main source of evidence is rather convenient, is it not? Especially considering how much publicity Mr Potter would get just to bring the man here" said Umbridge smiling sweetly at Harry.

"I would advise you to refer to Lord Potter by his official title, Madam Umbridge" said the Chief Witch. "He may not sit on the Wizengamot yet, but he is still a member. You will show the respect a member of this body deserves" she said severely.

"Chief Witch, if I may?" said Augusta Longbottom.

Harry saw Lady Acton's mouth twitch into a small smirk, but she replaced it very quickly, others not noticing it. Harry understood the reason why; Augusta Longbottom was a fierce witch, known for her forceful speeches in the Wizengamot and was a power to be reckoned with, much like Charlus Potter had been when he was alive. Neville had told him that she was overbearing and a hard-ass, but was fiercely protective of her family. She had cursed her brother into next week and back and cut off all contact with him for two years when the man had dropped Neville from the third floor of the manor. But Neville had confided in Harry that his grandmother had changed her attitude once she saw that her grandson was indeed talented in magic after gaining a new wand. She had apologised to Neville and had even got him several exotic plants for his greenhouse for his birthday.