Chapter 16 : Aftermath

"I can't believe something like this happened at Hogwarts. Such incidents never occurred when we were students here" said a male voice.

"I agree. How in Merlin's name did a troll get into the school?" asked a female voice.

"I have no idea, but the Prophet has been running wild theories recently. Once they got wind of the fact that the Boy Who Lived saved everyone by killing the troll, people once again started calling him a hero. Of course, Dumbledore managed to soothe things down and no one blamed him at all."

"Humph, just because we made him fall once, doesn't mean it can happen again."

Harry slowly opened his eyes and found himself in the hospital wing. He sat up to find Sirius Black and Amelia Bones standing and talking to each other softly. Sirius turned to look at him. "Harry, thank Merlin you're alright. You gave us quite a fright. From what we heard, you put up one hell of a fight, kiddo. How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Fine, I guess. What happened?" replied Harry.

Amelia spoke up. "You passed out due to magical exhaustion after killing the troll, which was very impressive by the way. I watched the memory of the incident provided by one of the seventh year students. To think a first-year student was able to kill a troll, was something astounding in itself. But to use spells which are taught to fifth and sixth years as an eleven-year-old is just amazing. I'm so very proud of you Harry" she said smiling.

"Thanks, Aunt Amy. And I know you're curious, so I'll answer anyway. I've been studying magic for the last four years and I used a stick to practice wand movements and so I was quite familiar with them. But I have to admit, I never expected to be drained this badly" he said putting his head down on the pillow. That was a lie of course as he had been using the wand of this great grandfather to practice. Fergus Potter had been an outstanding duellist and had been an International Duelling Champion. It was after talking to his portrait that inspired Harry to train and take part in the Duelling championships.

"Good to know. Now, you've been here for almost a day; it's five in the evening now. What you should know is that no one yet knows how a troll got into the school. But you have impressed the hell out of everyone and the incident was also featured in the papers. So you've got yourself quite a bit of attention. Hopefully, Madam Pomfrey will release you tonight. If not, rest and you can attend classes from tomorrow. Okay?" she said kindly.

Harry nodded and mentally groaned. While he liked exposing Dumbledore's incompetence, he did not like the extra attention that came with it. Sirius and Amelia said goodbye and promised to see him soon and left. Madam Pomfrey came up to his bed and scanned him. After grudging acknowledging that he was fine, he left the hospital wing and was immediately surrounded by his friends. Daphne came up to him to give him a tender hug. He suddenly stiffened, and after a few seconds relaxed. He wasn't used to hugs. He usually associated physical contact with pain.

"Harry those were some advanced spells you used. Where did you learn all that?" Neville asked in wonder. He couldn't help but be in awe at what he had seen yesterday.

"I had learnt the spells and practiced the wand movements, Neville. But I never expected to use them on a troll. They're meant for duels, and using so much magic drained me. Was anyone injured?" he asked.

"A few had some cuts and many were in shock. But we're all fine, thanks to you" said Hannah.

"After you passed out, McGonagall came back with Granger. When she saw the dead troll, she was white as a sheet. She asked the Head Boy and Girl what happened and they told her what you had done. Let's just say that Ravenclaw gained a hundred points after that. But Granger looked like she had swallowed a lemon" said Tracy.

Harry chuckled and idly wondered what Dumbledore's reaction might have been. And he really wanted to find out who let the troll into the castle. Things weren't adding up. When they entered the Great Hall, all conversation stopped and all of them started at Harry. Then the clapping started. Everyone, including most of the Slytherins started applauding for the eleven your boy that saved them from injury and possibly death. Harry blushed as he was not used to being complimented; just the contrary in fact. He gave them a small smile and proceeded to the Ravenclaw table.