Chapter 28 : The after party

There was a large party thrown for Harry that night. Cyrus got them all several plates of French food and a bottle of non-alcoholic wine for the kids. After a few hours of celebrating, they decided to go to bed.

Harry and Daphne stood at the door of their rooms as the adults went to their rooms. She hugged him tightly. "I'm so proud of you" she whispered in his ear.

"I'm proud of myself too. I'm not worthless anymore" he said.

Daphne pulled back and cupped his cheek. "You never were worthless Harry. Don't ever say something like that. You're a special boy, and I'm proud to even know you let alone be betrothed to you. I told you before, you're never alone. I'm always here by your side" she said softly.

Harry smiled slightly as he hugged Daphne to his chest. "Good night" he whispered. Daphne leaned up and kissed his cheek and said, "Sweet dreams" and went to her room which she shared with Astoria. Harry touched his cheek, stunned and blushed. He went to the room and lay down on the bed.

The next morning after having breakfast, the group headed to the International Floo Terminal to return to Britain. Once back the group said their goodbyes to each other and Harry portkeyed to Potter Castle.

He proudly kept the large trophy in his study. The portrait of his great-grandfather was grinning from ear to ear, saying that there was another Duelling champion in the Potter family. Harry smiled and went to his room to get some more sleep.

Two days later, the news broke out. Harry's face was grinning from the front page of the Daily Prophet as he held the trophy. The picture was clearly taken just after he had been given the cash prize and trophy.

BOY WHO LIVED WINS UNDER-13 INTERNATIONAL DUELLING CHAMPIONSHIP

It had surprisingly detailed information, not to mention truthful for once, which Harry was grateful for. It described his ability at silent casting, about how he used a wide variety of spells, charms and transfiguration to win the duels. They had also mentioned his ball of water which he had used runes to make it spin and float. He was surprised to read that Professor Flitwick had been present to watch the Semi-Finals and the Finals. He had said that Harry was a very gifted child and that he was confident he would one day win the rest of Duelling Championships as well.

He idly wondered what Albus Dumbledore's reaction would be that his pawn was training to defend himself. He chuckled to himself as he indulged in the image of old Albus destroying his office in anger. Harry didn't know that his mark was a bull's eye.

In Hogwarts, Albus Dumbledore stood as he looked at his destroyed office. The Sorting Hat sat amused as it watched the spectacle before him. Harry Potter had promised him entertainment and it looked like he had delivered. The hat wondered, not for the first time if he should have sorted the boy in Slytherin.

Albus sat down in his chair and fumed. How dare his pawn do this? He was now an International Duelling Champion? Remus had never told him anything about this. He knew that Harry was going to Paris of course, and he had tried to talk to Sirius to convince him not to leave Britain for Harry's safety. But alas! Sirius had not listened to him.

He needed to do something to get his weapon back under his thumb. He needed Harry to realise that he could turn into the public's enemy as well. What to do? His informants had informed him that Lucius Malfoy was making a move because of Arthur Weasley's Muggle Protection Act. Maybe he would wait for a few months to see what the man could come up with. If it didn't affect Harry, Albus himself would have to come up with something. Damn that brat for putting Severus in Azkaban for things would have been much easier with him around.

What had also not gone his way was the unexpected betrothal contract between Harry Potter and Daphne Greengrass. He had been caught so completely out of the blue. He had plans of Harry marrying Ginny Weasley so that he could access the various books and artefacts of the Potter family. He didn't care much for gold, he didn't need it, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to not take so much gold when it was available. But knowledge and secrets of a family as immensely old as the Potters was something he could not pass up; he could even get the third Deathly Hallow as well. When he had inspected it, he found that it didn't work properly for him. He had come to the conclusion that while the blood of Ignotus Peverell still flows, the invisibility cloak would not work for him. So after Tom and Harry kill each other, he could become the owner of the third Hallow and become the Master of Death. But it looked like those plans were not going to bear fruit as he could not control the next of kin in case of the Greengrasses or worse Sirius Black. He hadn't been able to take money from Harry's vault either for James Potter might have been a Gryffindor, but he had definitely been a cunning bastard worthy of being a Slytherin. Then again, he was raised by Dorea Potter who was a former Slytherin herself and a Black to boot.

He had also finally retrieved the Philosopher's stone from its hiding place. He had told the Flamels that it had been destroyed in Quirrell's attempt to steal it. They had surprisingly agreed with him and said it was for the best. It was only after trying to make lead to gold did he realise that he had been tricked. The stone was a fake, and the next day he had received a letter from his former mentors telling him to never contact them again. What a mess!