Chapter 17 : The demise of Quirrell

A few weeks after the celebratory dinner, Harry sat on his bed in Ravenclaw Tower contemplating on what to do. He had just returned from a Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Slytherin where there was clouds that suddenly darkened the sky and lightning flashed. Harry had then heard Aquila speak in his mind, warning him about danger of a possible threat to his life. Just moments after this threat occurred, both bludgers suddenly sped away from the players and came directly for Harry. Harry quickly dived out of the way, but the bludgers were relentless and came back which then hit his upper right thigh. He moved out of the way of another which was about to impact his chest. He took his wand out and blasted the incoming bludger. But he wasn't fast enough to hit the other one as it broke his left arm, just as the teachers blasted it to smoke. As he tried to get up, with a broken hand and leg, he saw a small sly smile on Quirrell's face. He had wanted to investigate Quirrell's strange behaviour, but now he didn't care as he now wanted that man dead. Clearly, it was him who had let the troll in on Halloween.

It was midnight when Harry donned his invisibility cloak and flew out of the tower in his eagle form. It was really amazing what his invisibility cloak could do. He could transform into his animagus form and the cloak would shrink and cling to his body without falling off. He flew to the second floor, where he knew was the Defence classroom and transformed back. He then stood behind a pillar as he watched Quirrell approach his classroom. He flicked the fingers of his left hand and his Ebony and Thunderbird feather wand sailed out of his holster and into his waiting hand. Even though Wizarding Law states that a witch or wizard could only have one wand and that said wand had to be registered with the Ministry of Magic, which results in registered wand makers like Ollivander would never sell him a second wand unless the first was broken. But he knew he needed a second wand to do his dirty work, something which could not be traced back to him.

He pointed his wand at Quirrell and mentally said "Imperio". When he could feel the control of his consciousness slip to him, he instructed the man on what to do and followed him. Quirrell walked to the restricted area on the third floor and opened the door. Harry had followed Hagrid once and had come across the half-giant feeding the giant Cerberus. He had also figured out that there was a giant Devil's snare just under the trap door. Just as he had predicted, the dog ripped Quirrell's legs apart just as he was about to jump. The man screamed and fell head first into the death trap below. Harry closed his eyes and extended his senses and could sense the man's life slipping away as he was being strangled by the plant. Harry smiled grimly, transformed into an eagle and went back to his room by flying into the window. Quirrell was dead and if he was right, so were the attempts on his life. He could finally enjoy his first year in peace.