Chapter 36 : Tango playing quidittich ?!?

Across the next few days, all what the students of Hogwarts could talk about was the unexpected attack on Mrs Norris and about the supposed Chamber of Secrets. And just like Harry predicted, he was being actively singled out by Dumbledore which then caused the Hogwarts rumour filled gossipers run wild. This was first highlighted by Harry and Daphne when they were walking to class the next week, they saw Justin Finch-Fletchley take one look at Harry, turn abruptly and sped off in the opposite direction.

Daphne snorted. "These people really are stupid. Have they forgotten that your own mother was a muggleborn and therefore not a pureblood?" she said. She took her wand and cast a privacy charm around them.

"You think they care?" replied Harry. "You were absolutely right when you described them as sheep. Dumbledore is a bastard who's trying his best to make my life miserable and these people are grazing it up. What I wouldn't give to torture Filch right now . . ."

"The Dursleys would probably appreciate the additional company in your dungeon, but I think the Weasley twins are torturing enough for the both of us anyways. How are the Dursleys  anyway? I'm disappointed that you still haven't introduced me to them" she said smirking.

"Oh, they're fine. It looks like they still haven't learnt their lesson yet. Petunia had the gall to call me a freak who deserves to be burned at the stake. She also threatened that the police would soon find them and then I would be arrested and publicly executed for holding them prisoner and for Dudley's death. I didn't have the heart to tell her that she was staying in one of the most heavily warded castles in the world and that those medieval punishments are both illegal and not used anymore in the muggle justice system. Why my parents didn't move in there, I do not know. That's why I suspect foul play was involved" said Harry.

"Wow, talk about misplaced bravery. You don't threaten a Lord in his own castle. Did - "

"Hiya Harry!" said Colin Creevey, interrupting her.

"Hello Mr Creevey, how may I help you?" he asked the shorter boy.

"Harry – Harry – a boy in my class is saying that you're - " said Colin. But he couldn't finish his sentence because of the tide of people heading towards the Great Hall. "See you Harry!" he said and disappeared.

"What was a boy in his class saying about you?" asked Daphne in wonder.

"That I'm the heir of Slytherin most likely. Oh, I should warn you; the flock may target you as well because you're my fiancé and not to mention a pureblood Slytherin. Add to the fact how cold we appear to others, it's quite easy to pin us as Lord and Lady Slytherin, the bane of all muggleborns" said Harry.

Daphne shook her head. "Do you really think there is a Chamber of Secrets?" she asked.

"Yes. I'm sure of it. I know you feel I'm still keeping secrets from you, but I promise I'll come fully clean by Yule. I don't want to reveal some of my most prized secrets at Hogwarts. There's no telling what could happen if Dumbledore were to find out" Harry promised.

"Ah Harry!" shouted a voice. "Oh no" whispered Daphne in disgust.

Lockhart was walking towards them, wearing the most horrible neon robes that could easily be found in Dumbledore's wardrobe. "I heard you're playing seeker in the first Quidditch game of the season? Ravenclaw vs Slytherin, eh? If you want any pointers you know where to find me. I was a fine seeker in my day, England's National team wanted me to play for them, you know. But I decided to use my talents by helping people defend against the dark forces. Good luck!" he said and left.

"I'd rather go naked than wear those ugly robes. Was he blind when he bought that contraption?" asked Daphne, disgusted.

"Probably. And what does he know about Quidditch anyway? I bet Tango can fly on a broom better than him" said Harry, grinning slightly. His grin slowly disappeared when he saw Daphne roll her eyes. "Oh come on! That was my best one yet! Can you imagine? Tango on a broomstick?" he asked, trying to make puppy dog eyes at her.

"Harry, I'm sure that Tango playing Quidditch would be funny, but there is no way that is a joke" said Daphne with amusement showing on her face. "But it was a lot better than the previous ones" she whispered to herself. "You're talented at many things Harry, but cracking jokes isn't one of them. When are you going to let it go? I mean, you've been trying to make me laugh for the past 5 months!"

"Only five months. I will crack a good joke one day that will make you laugh. I mean, we have our whole lives. I'm bound to get lucky sometime" replied Harry.

Daphne mentally groaned. 'Merlin save me' was the thought running through her mind.

**********************TIME SKIP*********************

At eleven the next day, the entire school proceeded to the Quidditch pitch. Daphne hugged him, wished him luck and sat in the stands along with Tracy. He entered the locker room where their captain, Abigail Turner gave them a pep talk. "Okay guys, we know that Slytherin has better brooms than us. All I'm going to say is do your absolute best. Use whatever trick comes to mind. Potter, do your best to catch the snitch early, we don't know how long we can last there. Good luck" she said.

Harry took a deep breath but had a small smirk on his face. His teammates were not very confident because of the Nimbus Two Thousand and Ones Lucius Malfoy had donated to the Slytherin team. But Harry had a plan, and he would ensure that Ravenclaw won today.

They flew off into the air and Madam Hooch said "Three . . . two . . . one . . ." and blew her whistle. The chasers moved to get the Quaffle and the game began.

"All right there Potty?" asked Malfoy. Harry mentally snorted at the name. Really, did Malfoy have no creativity what so ever? He smirked when he saw that Flint had the Quaffle. Harry dived to the ground, with Malfoy hot on his heels. He intercepted Flint, stole the Quaffle and passed it on to Turner, who while shocked, took it and scored.

"Ten-zero to Ravenclaw! Did you see that? It looks like Potter is playing an interfering seeker! And the tactic worked! There you go, you slimy snake" shouted Lee Jordan from the magical microphone.

"Jordan!" yelled McGonagall.

Harry smirked again as a bludger came towards him. He repeated his maneuver of twisting 360 degrees in mid-air and hit the bludger with his tail end of the broom towards one of the Slytherin chaser carrying the Quaffle. It hit him in the back and he dropped the Quaffle, which was taken by Roger Davies who scored.

"Twenty-zero to Ravenclaw! What a move by Potter! Never seen anything like it!" said Jordan, as the crowd roared. They seemed to have forgotten about the heir of Slytherin business.

Suddenly, a bludger came right at Harry. He effortlessly dodged it, but to his immense surprise, it came right back at him. He dived out of the way, but the bludger was relentless. "Keep playing!" he shouted to the Ravenclaw beaters who were trying to help him. "I'll never be able to play if you're in the way. Let me catch the snitch!" he yelled.

He kept diving and spinning and hanging upside down to avoid the bludger. The crowd was laughing, but he didn't care. "Training for the ballet, Potter?" asked Malfoy, laughing at him.

Just as he was about to dive again, he saw it. The golden snitch was hovering above Malfoy's ear and he suddenly accelerated, but in that fraction of a second before he had left, WHAM.

The bludger hit him at last, smashing his elbow and arm to pieces. He winced in pain, but this was nothing compared to what the Dursleys had done to him years ago. He extended his left hand and felt his fingers close around the snitch. He raised his fist to the air to signify that Ravenclaw had won, but then, the bludger came back. WHAM!

Harry was thrown from his broom and he fell to the ground. He could feel intense pain in his back and legs and blanked out.