Chapter 18 : 'The talk'

During the next month and a half, Harry extensively trained for the Duelling Championship in the Room of Requirement. In addition to this, he had also started working on slowly unravelling Voldemort's memories. But other than this, everything was the same as ever. He was still the first in class, much to Hermione Granger's displeasure and Albus Dumbledore was leaving him alone. Though this made Harry quite paranoid and was still communicating with Sirius.

On the nineteenth of December, Harry got another mirror call from Sirius. "I just received a letter from Moony. He said that he would like to meet us during the Yule holidays. What do you think?" he asked.

"Tell him to meet us on the 29th. I have a few questions I need to ask him" said Harry in a cold tone. He had been very pissed off when he found out about Remus Lupin's existence. He had been pissed off with Sirius too for putting revenge ahead of his responsibilities to baby Harry, but he had time to come to terms with it and had forgiven his godfather. Not that the other man knew that of course, as Harry had decided that Sirius had suffered enough. But he definitely wasn't going to be cutting any slack for Lupin for any relationship between them would be decided based on the answers the man gave.

"So, what's going on between you and Aunt Amy? Are you going to tell me or do I have to guess?" asked Harry grinning, changing the topic.

"You scamp. Nothing for now, though. Amelia and I had been dating for almost two years before I was sent to Azkaban. Ten years is a long time Harry and both of us have changed. I know I have. I doubt I ever would have accepted the Black Lordship before. And I definitely have become more cynical and paranoid. So, we have decided to wait and see. We still have feelings for each other, and if it works out, good. If it doesn't, well we just have to get over it and move on" he said softly.

Harry sighed. "Speaking of love lives, there is something I have to tell you. Several months back, I found out there was an unbreakable marriage contract between House Potter and House Greengrass. I have to get married to Heiress Daphne Greengrass. What do you think?"

Sirius took almost a minute to recover from his shock. "Well, at least it isn't someone bad. The Greengrass family has been notoriously neutral for years, and from what I have heard, Lord Cyrus Greengrass seems to be a good man. Good luck kiddo, I'm always here to give you some pointers" he said with a grin.

"Pointers on what?" asked Harry innocently. Sirius grinned and after making sure Harry would not deactivate the mirror, proceeded to give the young boy The Talk, and in Harry's opinion, the most embarrassing conversation of his life.