Chapter 34 : A forboding Halloween

The next two months at Hogwarts went rapidly. Harry had started Quidditch practice with the Ravenclaw team and it was going quite well. He finished the OWL syllabus and had started on NEWT material. Daphne had also taken to studying at a furious pace; while she knew she couldn't keep up with Harry, she was still quite ahead of her peers and had started on Ancient Runes and Arithmancy. Pretty soon, Halloween approached. As it was a Saturday, Harry and Daphne spent their time in the Room of Requirement.

They were on their way to dinner when a storm began outside. Harry's heart started beating faster as he knew what that meant and just as he had suspected, he heard Aquila's voice in his mind warning him about danger. Harry swallowed and gripped Daphne' hand tighter, hoping nothing bad had happened.

The feast carried on as normal and nothing strange happened. Just as he was finishing dessert, he heard the foreboding voice again.

". . . rip . . .tear . . . kill . . ."

Harry suddenly dropped his spoon on the table, but no one seemed to noticed. He closed his eyes and extended his senses, but didn't detect anything. Whatever it was, he couldn't sense it. He seemed to hear a distant echo; he didn't know where it was coming from.

". . . so hungry . . . kill. . . kill this time . . ." Harry's hands were shaking anxiously.

". . . I smell blood . . . I SMELL BLOOD!" His face was pale and white as Malfoy's hair as he wondering such thoughts like was it going to kill someone? Was he the only one who had heard that voice? Who did the voice belong to? After his inner battle of questions, Harry noticed that people started getting up and going back to their dormitories for the night. Harry silently walked towards Ravenclaw Tower along with the rest of them, but people suddenly stopped and started whispering.

"What's with the hold up?" Harry questioned.

He pushed his way forward and saw Mrs Norris frozen and on the ground, unmoving in a puddle of water. Harry's breath was caught in his throat. Was the cat dead? He looked at the wall where people were pointing and whispering.

THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED. ENEMIES OF THE HEIR, BEWARE.