Chapter 40 : Proceed with your case

The next morning, Hogwarts was in shock. Professors Flitwick and Sprout had explained the absence of Harry Potter and Cedric Diggory to their students. Daphne's eyes were bloodshot and her hands were shaking due to anger and utter disgust. How much more did Harry have to suffer? Wasn't what happened during his childhood enough? The rest of the student body was stunned by the fact that a Professor had attempted to rape two of their fellow students and had plotted to do the same to others in the future. The Chamber of Secrets incident was forgotten until that night, when one of the teachers found Justin Finch-Fletcheley and Nearly Headless Nick both petrified. It was only then that people realised that Harry couldn't be the Heir of Slytherin because he wasn't in the castle when Justin was attacked. But it didn't stop them from trying to speculate as to who it could possibly be.

Harry woke up the next morning and panicked when he immediately didn't realise where he was, until he took a look at the Black family crest on the wall and relaxed. He was in Black Manor and in a safe place. He blinked his eyes as remembered what had happened the previous night. Harry chuckled sadly when he realised that other children would have probably been scarred for life because of last night's incident; but he believed it didn't affect him much because he had undergone much worse at the Dursleys when he lived with them. But he was sure that would not have been the case had Lockhart actually raped him.

He finished his morning chores, put on the clothes Toby had left him and left his room. When he entered the informal dining room, he saw Sirius and Amelia finishing breakfast and having tea. He knew that Amelia had moved in with Sirius about a month ago, so he wasn't too surprised to find her there. "Good morning" he said as he entered.

Sirius and Amelia looked up and wishing him a good morning as well. Once Harry was served breakfast, Sirius hesitantly asked, "How are you feeling Harry?"

"I'm fine, I really am" replied Harry. "I know you feel like I might be traumatised, but I'm not, at least not so much that requires concern in comparison to Cendric Diggory. "And thank you for coming to my aid last night. I really appreciate it" he said sincerely.

"Harry that's what families do" said Amelia, tearing her eyes from the newspaper in front of her. "We help each other. I may not have been able to take care of you during your childhood, but there is no way we're shrinking responsibilities now. Trust me when I say I looked for you. But I was blocked at every turn when I tried to gain guardianship of you and all files pertaining to you at the Ministry were sealed under the Office of the Chief Warlock. Any and all routes I could take were blocked. Besides, who would listen to a Senior Auror instead of Albus Dumbledore? By the time I was made the Head of the DMLE, it was too late" she grumbled.

"You, you both consider me family?" whispered Harry. He couldn't control his emotions much when that word was mentioned. "Thank you, Aunt Amy, Sirius" he said with thick emotion in his voice.

Both of them smiled at him and got up to give him a tender hug. "Don't worry Harry. Just relax for today. There will be an Emergency Session of the Wizengamort tomorrow, a full session, as this is a serious matter, pertaining to a national hero" explained Amelia. "I'm pretty sure we'll get approval to use Vertiserum and don't worry about Pensieve memories; I'll ensure that it never happens" she said, kissed Harry on the forehead and left for the Ministry.

Harry wiped a few tears from his eyes and looked at his godfather "How about we develop plans to prank Dumbledore and McGonagall?" he asked grinning a bit.

Sirius's eyes lit up. This was going to be fun.

**********************TIME SKIP*********************

It was 10 AM when the members of the body assembled into the Wizengamot chamber. Unlike a regular session, an emergency session did not specify the agenda for the day as it usually was called for high profile criminal cases, which were passed on to the Wizengamot instead of dealing with it at the Council of Magical Law, where the usual trials took place. Legislative matters were usually carried out during the regular sessions.

Harry was wearing well-designed robes for the occasion, as he stood next to Cedric Diggory who mutely nodded to him. Harry watched as Albus Dumbledore took his seat along with the other members, with a grim smile on his face. The old man had not been able to retake his position of Chief Warlock; instead, Dowager Lady Acton was elected to the post. She was from the grey faction and had a strict no-nonsense expression on her face. She called the Wizengamot in session.

"Madam Bones" she boomed. "What is the agenda for this session?"

"We have a man who has been accused of sexual harassment and attempted rape of two minor boys, both students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry" she Amelia.

The chamber was deathly still as rape was an extremely serious offence in the magical world, especially if the victims were minors in comparison to the current muggle justice system. "Who is the accused and who are the victims, Madam Bones?" asked Lady Acton.

Amelia cleared her throat and in a firm voice said, "The accused is Mr Gilderoy Lockhart, the present Defence against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts; and the victims are two boys – Heir Cedric Diggory aged 15 and Lord Hadrian Potter aged 12."

The court were outraged. To think someone had the gall to rape their national hero was something they couldn't imagine. "Bring them in" said the Chief Witch.

Gilderoy Lockhart was brought in by two Aurors and made to sit on the chair. Chains immediately sprang up around his writs, holding him in place. Behind him, Cedric Diggory and Hadrian Potter entered the chamber and took their seats at the designated place for the plaintiff.

"Gilderoy Lockhart, you have been brought before the Wizengamot as you have been accused of sexual assault of two minor boys, along with attempted rape of Cedric Diggory and Lord Hadrian Potter. How do you plead?" asked Chief Witch Acton.

"Not guilty of all charges, I tell you! I was trying to save them! You must help me" shouted Lockhart. He looked ragged, and Harry knew that was because he was roughed up to get rid of his Occlumency shields, even though the man's shields were rudimentary.

"So noted" said the Chief Witch. "Madam Bones, proceed with your case."