Chapter 11 : Consequences

Albus Dumbledore was frantic after he had just come back from visiting Severus in the hospital wing. How in Merlin's name did Harry develop such strong Occlumency barriers to keep someone like Severus out? This was not good he thought, not good at all! The potions master had been caught in the act, against the heir of a Most Ancient and Noble House no less! He had to find Harry, and find him fast, so he could convince the boy that he was mistaken and pin the blame on him. Saving Severus was important so everything else was secondary.

However, whilst Dumbledore was on his search, Harry was standing in front of a large house in an affluent neighbourhood of London's suburbs. He entered the property and knocked on the door and a beautiful woman who seemed to be in her late thirties opened the door. "May I help you?" she asked with her eyes narrowed.

"Hello Aunt Andy. I'm Hadrian Potter and I know it's been a long time since you've seen me, but I'm in need of a lawyer immediately and you're the only one I can trust considering my situation. I think we need to talk" he said looking at the shocked face of Andromeda Tonks nee Black.

The next morning, the entire school was in shock after reading the headlines on the Daily Prophet.

FORMER DEATH EATER SEVERUS SNAPE HARASSES AND MIND RAPES THE BOY WHO LIVED

By Rita Skeeter

Yesterday afternoon, former Death Eater Severus Tobias Snape, Potions Master and Head of Slytherin House at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry was found harassing Hadrian James Potter, The Boy Who Lived. It has come to the notice of this reporter that Severus Snape, while conducting Potions class for the first year Revanclaws and Hufflepuffs, which also contained Hadrian Potter who is surprisingly a Ravenclaw was found asking questions not relating to the material, insulting the Potter heir and also insulting the memory of his father, the Late Lord James Potter. Not only that, the professor also took points off when Hadrian Potter answers all the questions correctly, even when one the questions was NEWT level. When the boy finished his potion before the allotted time, the esteemed professor took points again, claiming that the boy had cheated and started insulting the Late Lord Potter again, in front of his son no less.

It was after this incident, when both of them made eye contact with each other, Professor Snape attempted to use Legilimency on the Boy Who Lived and fortunately Hadrian Potter managed to throw the man out of his mind. For those readers who don't know, Legilimency is the art of reading another person's thoughts and is illegal to be performed without consent, especially on minors. In this case, Hadrian Potter is also the Heir of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Potter. The punishment for such a crime is life sentence in Azkaban. The attack on a Lord is automatic death sentence.

What was Albus Dumbledore thinking, having our children being taught by an accused criminal? One that seems to hate the Boy Who Lived? Will justice be served, or will Albus Dumbledore intervene again on Severus Snape's behalf like he did ten years ago? This faithful reporter will be on the watch to let you know.

Snape looked furious as well as McGonagall and Flitwick, but their anger was directed at Snape. However, Dumbledore looked worried as he hadn't expected the news to break out so early. Before he could even try to attempt damage control, Madam Amelia Bones entered the Great Hall, with two Aurors in tow. Dumbledore had a bad feeling about this.

"Madam Bones, what can I do for you?" he asked with a smile.

"I'm here for the arrest of one Severus Tobias Snape. We have received evidence that he performed unauthorised Legilimency on the Heir of a Most Ancient and Noble House. He is to come with us to Auror Headquarters. If he is found innocent, he will be released. If not there will be a trial in front of the Wizengamot" she Amelia in a no-nonsense voice.

"What? Do you honestly believe that brat? Of course everyone listens to Potter. Strutting around ordering everyone, as if he owns the school. He needs to be taken down a peg or two! As if people will believe that lying, attention seeking brat over ME!" snarled Snape.

"That is why there is an interrogation Mr Snape. Mr Potter has already arrived at the Ministry. You are needed as well. I have already signed a warrant for your arrest. It is in your best interest to come quietly" she said coldly.

"Now, Madam Bones, are you sure this is necessary? I mean, the boy probably misunderstood. No eleven year old could have such advanced Occlumency shields. I'm sure this was all a big misunderstanding and I'm confident Mr Potter will apologise to Professor Snape for his behaviour" he said in a kind manner.

Amelia narrowed her eyes, and her temper flared. She was one of the best Aurors of her generation and has risen through the ranks very quickly in the DMLE, and a year ago been made the Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, the youngest in history. Even though she was young, she had a fierce reputation. That was the reason no one wanted to cross her, not even the members of the Dark families of the Wizengamot or Albus Dumbledore. She didn't trust the old man because she had lost her entire family except for one of her brothers and his wife and daughter in the last war. She had also lost the man she was in love with. But if things went according to plan, she would get him back by the end of the day.

"The DMLE and the Wizengamot will be the judge of that. Cuff him" she ordered.

Snape stood angrily as the Aurors cuffed him with magic suppression shackles. They escorted him out and Amelia Bones left the hall. No one spoke for almost a minute, everyone too shocked at what had transpired. Then voices began buzzing. People were scared. Had Snape tried reading their mind too? For how long had he been doing it? Three of the four houses were silently cheering. They hated the greasy man more than anyone. Slytherin was silent. They knew that Hadrian Potter had played his cards masterfully so this would probably the last time they would see their Head of House.