E I G H T

Mattheo didn't close his eyes or sleep until Alana did. He noticed how her eyes finally relaxed, her whole body relaxed and her breathing pattern changed.

Slowly, he raised his hand and tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear, careful not to to touch her skin. If she doesn't want me to touch her, I won't.

Then he took her bracelet out of his pocket. The one he had started carrying everywhere. He just examined it in his fingers. He liked having something of hers. He spotted the phoenix, and brushed his hand against the charm and then looked back at Alana. He saw the similarities between the two of them. That's why he had named her that, fire bird.

Looking at her, he finally fell into a dreamless sleep.

___

Bright rays of sun hit her as Alana opened her eyes. She lazily rubbed her hand over her eyes. Her cloak was now over her shoulders as a blanket and her knees were drawn to her chest, her chin tucked on it. She was still facing sideways.

She finally raised head and saw Riddle already staring at her smirking, "Like the view?" She asked as she snuggled deeper into the cloak.

"No, just thinking how can someone be so... immune to me" He said, in his morning voice. That voice made butterflies erupt in her stomach.

"Oh?" She said. "I could resist you any day" She settled her back against the wall.

"Is that so, Weasley?" He asked, tongue in his cheek . He slowly got up and moved closer to Alana. He wrapped his arm around her waist, at least she has her clothes on, he thought. But he could still sense her twitch. Then he pulled her so close that they were nose to nose.

"What about now?" He asks. She still shook her head, maintaining eye contact. Then she put her hands on his chest and pulled away.

"Don't try that on me, Riddle" She says, not wanting to admit that his touch had sent a small spark down her spine. Then she got up and dusted herself and her cloak off.

Then she lazily threw a glance at Riddle, who was still on the ground, looking at her still. Stop it, you idiot, she thought. 

Abruptly he got up and dusted himself off too. Alana noticed that he was only wearing a full sleeve t shirt. "How were you not cold, Riddle?".

"I just never felt it".

She just stared at him. "I guess we're enemies once again, huh witch?" He asked.

"Yeah" She said. Then she threw a crazy grin at him.

"It'll be nice once again hating you, Riddle" She said as she left the Astronomy Tower.

"It'll be pleasant glaring at you once again, witch" He said. She looked at him over her shoulder and threw him the same crazy grin.

___

She tiptoed into the dormitory. She saw that everyone was sleeping, after all it was only 5:30. So she contemplated her choices. She could either sleep now and be in a hurry to get ready for the first day of sixth year so she could stay awake, she thought as she took of her cloak and put it in her trunk. Staying awake seemed like the best idea.

She glanced at Donna, she had forgotten to draw her hangings around her bed and now was gripping the blanket because of the cold. Her other two roommates, Lola and Annie were also sleeping.

Her back felt stiff after sleeping on the wall all night but then remembering Riddle's eyes and smirk in the morning, felt as if it were worth it.

So she settled in her bed with a book and drowned into a massive sea of words.