T H I R T Y - T H R E E

"Mase?" She asked, putting her wand away.

What was Mason doing here? And why were there tears streaked on his face? She thought.

"Mason?" She asked once again, now planting her hands against her hips. When the boy didn't even move, she rolled her eyes.

"Mason!" She called, shaking him awake

Mason jumped awake, grabbing his wand, he randomly pointed it in the air. "What is it? Who has attacked?" He asked, looking around before he looked at Alana. After looking at her, he looked all around the place, registering and remembering why he was there.

"Alana" He said, relieved. He just looked up and down at her before lunging at her, pulling her into a hug.

"Merlin's pants, Mason, if I knew that you'd miss me so much, I wouldn't have gone for the supper" She teased, ruffling his hair that was trickling her chin. Even though Mason was 6 feet and was taller than Alana, he hugged her in a way that made him rest his head against the crook of her neck.

Mason didn't reply, so she asked once again, "What is it? Why do you seem so sad?".

Suddenly she felt him sobbing and her turtleneck felt a bit wet. "Mason, why are you crying?" She asked, grabbing his elbows and pulling him away to look at his face. He was crying, fresh new tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I-I broke up with Daphne" Mason whimpered, sniffling. Alana wiped at the tears on her turtleneck as her eyes grew to the the size of saucers.

"What? I thought you guys were trying and working out! Why'd you break up with her?" Alana exclaimed, pulling him down to the couch with her.

"We weren't, I couldn't take it anymore, I couldn't give her enough time and while I was with her, my mind was somewhere else. Al, I had to end it, I couldn't let her suffer because of me" He explained, now growing hysteric.

"But she cared for you, Mason" Alana tried reasoning.

Mason raised his red eyes to meet his best friend's blue ones. "Well guess what, Alana? I love her" He told her, his voice low.

"You what?" She asks, bewildered.

"I love her and I regret every second of breaking up with her. Oh Merlin, I love Daphne Greengrass" He groaned, weaving his hands through his floppy and then tugging on it in frustration.

Alana slowly pulled his hands out of his hair. She scanned his face as her dark blue eyes pierced his amber ones. The browinsh yellow of his eye color tinted with frustration and sadness. In a flash she had him buried in her arms. More tears leaked down his eye and onto Alana's shirt.

"It ok, it's ok to love someone. It's ok to love someone when you can't be with them" She soothed, rubbing his back. "Because it just means you'll wait for them, you'll wait for them to be with you".

"I just really love her, Al and I don't think I'll be able to live without her" He sobbed.

"Shh, it's ok, you can cry" She whispered as a fresh set of tears came down Mason's eyes.

Alana could hear the faint sound of shuffling feat but she ignored them, as Mason let out more cries. "God, can't a person sleep in this dormitory-" Eleanor's voice groaned before he caught the sight of his two best friends.

"What is wrong, who is dead?" He asked, pointing his wand at the entrance of the common room.

"No one, it's Mason" Alana told him. "He broke up with Daphne".

"Gosh, I'm sorry, mate" Eleanor's voice softened as he came to kneel next to the two. He rubbed Mason's arm, comfortingly.

Mason didn't even look up, he just kept on crying. Alana grimaced before looking at Eleanor, "Do you think you can get Donna-" She started.