T W E N T Y - E I G H T

Alana was in the Hogwarts train compartment with her friends. Well, all her friends except Donna.

It had gotten a little awkward, considering it had only been a few months since Emmett and Donna had broken up and that Donna still had feelings for Alana'a brother.

She looked around. Peter was sleeping, slumped on Eleanor's shoulder with Eleanor paging through the Quibbler. Mason and Emmett were rapidly whispering about Quidditch. Alana looked down at her lap, where the Tale of Two Cities was open.

"So, what did everyone do this summer?" She asked breaking the silence, making everyone turn their attention to the red head.

"Turned seventeen" Eleanor answered, a smug smirk on his face. "Oh and stayed over at Uncle Xeno's, you know since Mum and Dad are on the run". There was some article in the Quibbler that Eleanor's parents had written which had enraged Voldemort, so now they were on the run.

"I played Quidditch with Alana's brothers" Mason told them.

"I went to Romania" Peter said.

"I finally went to the Ministry, well Dad thought it was time" Emmett informed. "The place is like a fucking mess, with a new Minister being there. But Scrimgeour is so much better than Fudge".

"That we can all agree on" Alana acknowledged.

"I heard that he's a vampire" Eleanor notified.

"Who told you that, your uncle?" Emmett mocked.

"I've seen him in the Daily Prophet, he sure looks like one" Alana stated.

"Maybe he is one" Peter agreed.

"Nonsense, I don't think vampires exist" Emmett ridiculed the idea.

"Em, werewolves exist, merepeople exist and faeries exist in the wizarding world. What makes you think that vampires can't exist too?" Mason asked, a brow drawn. "And I've seen a few of them in some of the Death Eater meetings".

"Lupin told me about them too" Alana told them.

Emmett sighed and looked out the huge window. "The war, so it's really coming, isn't it?" He asked, wearily. They all knew what he meant.

"It is but I have a feeling that we'll survive it" Alana assured them, a smile on her face as she said it. As if trying to convince them that saying it would make it happen.

"I sure hope it does" Mason mutters, making Alana glare at him.

"Something from the trolley, dear?" A faint voice asked from a distance. Alana looked around the compartment and stood up. 

Smoothing her pants she said, "I'm gonna go get something".

"Get me a Chocolate Frog-" Mason had started 

Alana interrupted him, "If you want something, go get it yourself. I am not a maid", seething with annoyance.

"Yes, ma'am" The four boys squeaked.

With that she stepped outside, opening her wallet as the Trolley Lady approached her. "Something from the trolley, dear?" She asked, in a kind motherly voice.

Alana got some Liquorice Wands and Chocolate Frogs from her. Soon enough, the trolley was moving forward to it's next customer as the red head stood there, sucking the candy.

Suddenly, she felt a warm hand latch onto hers, making her turn. He stood behind, looking at her with a devilish smirk. He tugged her along into a compartment.

The couple didn't see that just as they disappeared into the compartment, Peter had shot out of the other compartment. The blonde looked around, he couldn't see his blue eyed best friend who had said that she wanted something from the Trolley. But the Trolley had passed long ago and Alana was no where in view.