T H I R T Y - O N E

A few days had passed and the Quidditch tryouts had begun. Currently, Alana and Donna were sitting in the Quidditch stands with Hermione, watching as people waited to try out for the Gryffindor Quidditch team.

Most of the team members had graduated and were gone, so now there were more spots there in the team. The only original team members were Harry, Emmett and Katie Bell. There were alot of people also trying out for the team. Ron, who had already been admitted to the team as a Keeper, had to try out once again.

There were first years, who could barely hold onto their brooms. There were more students, who had turned out to be from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. And there was also a group of girls. Alana could only recognize Romilda Vane who had a crush on Harry. All the girls in the small group had a crush on Harry or Emmett. Apparently, they were trying to slip the Chosen One a love potion.

But alas, they just giggled and when Emmett blew the whistle, fell on each other. These series of actions made Donna, Hermione and Alana wince everytime it happened.

There was also a group that had come without their brooms and another group that had a pileup halfway around the ground. Alana let out a sigh, remembering the old Gryffindor Quidditch team. It had consisted Angelina Johnson, Harrison Skylars, Harry, Emmett, Fred, George and Oliver Wood.

A small blush crept up the red head's cheeks at the thought of the old Gryffindor captain. She'd had a small crush on the boy when he had been in his fifth year and she had been in... second year. Eventually she had grown out of it when he had gotten with Ellora. But Fred, George, Mason, Emmett and Eleanor still liked to tease her over the fact.  

She spotted Cormac McLaggen and Ron talking as Cormac's gaze settled over Hermione and Alana. The blonde sent a small wink her way, making Alana scowl back at the boy. Cormac muttered something to Ron before stepping away.

Ron looked back at his brunette best friend and his red head sister. Alana gave him a questioning look, one that he returned with a simple shrug.

Emmett's whistle blew, making it clear that the try out for the Keepers had started. Alana sent a small wave Emmett's way and thumb's up Ron's way for good luck.

McLaggen and Ron both took places in front of the giant hoops. While the blonde had a cocky and straight posture on his broom, the red head's was a total opposite. Ron Weasley was slouching against his broom, nervous.

"Go on, Ron!" Donna hollered from beside her.

Alana glanced at her best friend before opening her own mouth to cheer for her brother too, "You can do it, Ron!" Making Donna grin. 

There were more cheers for the Weasley from all around the stands. Alana could see Lavender Brown muttering anxiously while looking at her younger brother. Alana already knew of Lavender's crush on him that Peter had told her about.

Quaffles after quaffles were thrown at McLaggen, but he had managed to block them. "Bloody hell" Alana muttered.

And when the red ball came to Ron, his older sister's thumbs up did not seem to work for him at all. While McLaggen had managed to block the balls with ease, Ron had quite the struggle stopping them. Even almost falling off his broom for one, making Lavender almost shoot out of her seat.

"Fucking hell" Alana cursed. She could see Harry and Emmett both looking at each other with pity and worry. Emmett's gaze landed on Alana, his face clearly said what they were all thinking.

"Come on, Weasley!" Alana yelled, shooting out of her seat as she tried to encourage her younger brother.

"Yeah, come on, Ron Weasley!" Donna's voice joined her, making Alana turn to the raven haired girl and grin at her thankfully. Behind them, Hermione shot Ron an anxious look.