T H I R T E E N

"Alana!" Peter's voice calls as she is about to leave the Room of Requirement. She turns around and see Mason, Emmett, Peter and Eleanor walking towards her.

"Where's Donna?" She asks as Emmett swings one hand on her shoulders from one side and Mason does the same from the other side.

"She had something to do" Emmett tells her.

"Oh" She says, looking at all of them. It had been a while since they all had properly talked. Between the Dumbledore's Army and sixth year, they had barely talked properly.

"Alana, I thought you hated Mattheo" Mason whispers.

"Still do" She tells them.

"But you involved him in the DA" Emmett says, confused.

"Harry is a great teacher, but you know he needed? A little assistance" She says, looking at all of them. "That's what Riddle is, a little push. And with the both of them working together, our little group has gotten much better".

"Voldemort sent him here to protect me" She finishes. She can see the discomfort on their faces at the mention of Voldemort.

"Why?" Peter asks.

"I don't know, but he says that I am precious to his brother" She informs them.

"And how do you know this?" Eleanor asks, an eyebrow raised.

"He told me and um, he... was the one who destroyed Umbridge's office" She told them, looking down.

"What?!" They all exclaimed, they were all looking at Alana with widened eyes.

She gulps and shows them her gloved hand with the fading letters. "He did it because Umbridge did this to me".

"What the hell, why'd she do it?" Mason asks, grabbing her hand, examining her hand.

"Obviously, because Alana spoke against her in class" Eleanor says, running his hand over the letters.

"And the Ministry doesn't like puny sixth years speaking against them"  Emmett says, stating the obvious.

"How'd she do it?" Mason asks, concerned.

"She made me write lines with a certain quill that uses your blood as the ink to write" She told them, pulling her hand away.

"She tortured you, but that's against the rules" Peter says.

"Do you think the Ministry is going to listen to some student who hasn't even reached of age? Obviously not" Alana tells them.

"Sometimes, the only way to get justice is to take it for yourself".

___

That day after dinner, Alana decided to go to Astronomy Tower instead of her dorm, for some reason.

Soon enough, she was on the steps of the Tower. When she entered the place, she wasn't alone, though.

"Why are you here?" Riddle asked, turning to look at her.

"I wanted to thank you for how well the DA classes are going" She said, looking right at him and smiling.

"Is Alana Weasley, the girl who's hated me, my whole life, growing a soft spot for me?" Riddle asked, an amused smirk on his lips.

"You can never take a thank you, can you?" She asked, shaking her head at him.

"Sure I can" He said, smiling too. Then he realized what he just did, he smiled because Alana did it too. She was making his feelings come on once again.