T H I R T Y - S I X

Sitting in the Ravenclaw table the very next day, her cereal being swirled by the silver spoon that she held in her hand, Alana's mind was reeling over everything that had happened after the Gryffindor party. 

While Mattheo and her still acted like everything was fine, they tried not to fight or argue at all after what she'd asked him to pretend. She'd asked him to pretend even though everything was not alright. It wasn't, nothing was. They were still fine, their relationship, although new, was still powerful despite everything that might be happening in their own lives. 

Mattheo's dark circles had haunted her the entire night, his desperate brown eyes that seeked her help. They begged for her help. He still wouldn't tell her what was wrong with him, what he had been enduring all the time he disappeared. 

She missed her old Theo. The one who didn't hesitate to show her the sides of him that no one had discovered before. The one who wasn't afraid to laugh freely. The one who didn't hold her like he might lose within minutes. But either way, she wasn't going to leave him alone until she helped him with whatever he was going through. 

Eleanor and Donna on her sides suddenly gasped, breaking her out of spell as she looked at them. "What?" She asked. 

"You've got a letter!" Donna exclaimed, pointing behind her. 

She turned, to see a purple envelope held out in front of her. A little black haired girl, probably in second or third year with dull brown eyes looking up at her. She had two more letters in her hand. "Professor Slughorn asked me give this to Alana Weasley" She said, sounding a little shy.

"Thank you" Alana whispered, taking the letter. And with that, the girl ran off, as if shy to be talking to the red head. Opening the envelope, she scanned the inside of it.

Miss Weasley, I send this letter in hopes of your attendance at my Christmas party the night before the trains leave for the Christmas holidays. And you can bring a guest, or date as you would prefer to call it. I hope to see you there. 

Slipping the letter back in the envelope, she looked back at her two friends who looked at her expectantly. "Well, what does it say?" Eleanor asked. 

"Slughorn's inviting me to his Christmas party" She mumbled, looking across the hall. 

"I knew it would be coming!" Donna said, looking surprised. "I heard a few girls talking about it- apparently it's a huge thing".

She looked at the girl, who was now delivering the letters to different members of the Slug Club all around the hall. Emmett waved his letter at her, making her do the same with her letter. Atleast a familiar face, she though, smiling. 

"Alright, whom are you taking then?" Eleanor asked. 

She thought over for a while, she would have to talk this one out with Mattheo. "I'll have to think about it" She said, looking back at her cereal. 

"Take me" Donna said, smiling. 

"As tempting as that offer is, no Donna, the students of Hogwarts would be appalled to see that you're taken off the grid by someone- especially a girl" Alana said, smirking.  "If you haven't noticed, there's already a long line waiting for you".

"Where is this long line you're talking about?"

"There" Alana said, pointing her spoon at the few boys who were standing near them, ears in rapt attention. But the moment the red head pointed at them, they collided with each other before scrambling away. 

Eleanor let out a snort before laughing out loud. Donna went the shade of red that was usually served to them on the plate. "She's taking me, not you" Eleanor said, still laughing.