T E N

The next day was good and then there at the last period was Defense Against Dark Arts. There was a new teacher this term too, Dolores Umbridge. 

"How do you think Umbridge will be?" Peter wondered aloud.

"I hope she's better considering all the other DADA teachers we've had" Donna said, on the side of Alana.

"I mean, Quirrell had Voldemort on the back of his head" Mason said, his tongue in his cheek.

"Lockhart was a fake. Hated him anyway. Even told Mum and Ginny to stop obsessing over him. You can never trust a guy with such a flashy smile" Alana told them, making everyone laugh at that.

"I really liked Lupin. Pity that he was sent away because he is a werewolf" Emmett said this time.

"Blame the bloody Slytherin parents" Eleanor grumbled and glanced at Mason from the side of his eye. "Er, no offense, Mason".

"And Moody wasn't the person he said he was" Eleanor continued. Then he snorted, "And he favored Riddle so much and Riddle never backed away from shooting the Unforgivable Curses".

"Why would someone back away from doing their favorite hobby?" Mason said, rolling his eyes. Everyone burst out laughing. From the side of her eye, Alana saw a blonde figure approaching them.

"Mason!" A voice called out. Everyone looked back. It was Daphne Greengrass, Mason's girlfriend ever since fifth year. They had always been an on again off again couple.

"Daphne?" Mason had a confused look on his face. She came up to him and kissed him. "Daphne, what are you doing here?"

"I just thought about seeing you before my Transfiguration class" She said, latching her arm on Mason's torso. 

"I see you're with all of your friends" She says, looking at all of them. "So... which class do you have now?".

"Defense Against the Dark Arts" Emmett answered.

"Oh..." Daphne trailed.

"Why? What's wrong?" Alana asked. Daphne just stared at her and shook her head.

"Nothing, you'll see..." Daphne said in a grim tone then she when looked back at Mason she smiled again. Damn, she has it bad for him, Alana thought.

"Anyway, I'll be going now. I'll see you tonight, right Mason?" Daphne asked in an excited voice. Wait... are they...

Mason just nodded his head. Then she waved at all of them and left. "So... Mason... are you sleeping with dear Daphne here?" Alana asked as she swung her arm onto Mason's arm. Mason's face went red.

"What- Why are you asking me that?" Mason said in a flustered way.

"The way she talked about seeing you today? That's the voice girls usually use when they want some action" Donna said, now joining.

"Oh- that" Mason, grew even more flustered away.

"So... are you?" Eleanor asked.

Mason looked at him and gulped. He knew that they will catch his lie. "Yeah" He finally replied.

"Since when, Mase?" Alana asked in an excited way.

"After my last quidditch game last year" He said.

"And you didn't tell me?" Alana demanded.

"Or me?" Eleanor asked.

"Nor me?" Emmett joined in too.

"I never... I didn't think. I just wanted to keep it private" Mason confessed.