T H I R T Y - F O U R

It was the day of the first Quidditch match of the season. That made Alana jittery ever since she woke up. Even more jittery considering that two of her best friends, her brother and sister were from both the teams that were playing.

"For fuck's sake, Al, I can see you shaking from here!" Donna's voice exclaimed from her bed.

"I can hear her teeth chattering!" Lola called out from the bathroom.

"Let me concentrate" She muttered, now biting onto her nails. She knew that in the Slytherin's dungeons, Mason was in the same state.

After getting ready, she rushed out of the Ravenclaw tower with Donna in tow behind her. Donna looked at her best friend with a mix of confusion and amusement. Finally when they arrived in the Great Hall, everyone was chattering and bustling about. The Slytherin and Gryffindor players already in their Quidditch gears.

Her eyes darted towards the Gryffindor table, where she started running towards. "At least eat something, Al" Donna whispered behind her.

"No, I'm too queasy to eat" She told her as she rushed towards where Emmett sat.

"Emmett, break a leg!" She told him as she sat next to him, ignoring whoever sat there before her.

"Good morning, Alana" He greeted, pushing a bit of pancake into his mouth.

Alana saw Donna hesitantly sit next to him and flash Emmett a small smile. "How are you even eating?" She asked him, leaning against the table.

"Oliver Wood always said that you should properly eat before a match" Emmett told her. "That reminds me".

He turned to where Harry and Ron sat. "The both of you, eat up. I need the two of you ready and prepared for today" He ordered the boys, a finger darting between the two.

"Kids" He muttered, focusing back to his food.

"I'm too nervous to eat" Alana murmured, her eyes going between Emmett and his food.

A moment later, with a frustrated sigh, she pulls the plate to her and took a big bite out of his omelette. She let out a moan of happiness as the omelette almost burned her tongue.

"Hey! There's a plate waiting for you on your table" He exclaimed, taking another fork and picking at his pancake.

"I can't bother" She told him sheepishly before passing his plate back at him. Donna was looking at the both friends with amusement.

She pressingly looked into his green eyes. "I hope you do good today" She told him. "And break a few legs if needed".

"You know I will" Emmett jokingly said. Alana just scanned his face once again before patting him on the shoulder and walking away.

She saw Goyle making fun of Ron's gear. "Hey Goyle!" She yelled from across the room, making the boy's attention snap to hers. "Shut up!" She flashed both her middle fingers at him before turning away.

"He looks pissed" Donna whispered next to her with a smug smile.

"As if I care about some stupid Slytherin boy" She told her, both of them snickering.

She sat down next to Ron, who was sitting opposite to Harry and Hermione. The Weasley was looking down at his breakfast nervously. "Eat up" She told him.

"What?" He asked, surprised to find his sister next to him.

"I said, eat up" She ordered, gesturing at his food. "You'll need it for the game".

"I can't eat-" 

"You'll need it for the game, eat up". She nudged him.

Ron leveled his nervous gaze with his older sister's, who was pressingly staring at him, "I won't go until you eat".