Chapter 23 - Greensboro part 1

My alarm goes off at seven o’clock and I sit bolt upright in bed. Greensboro today.

“Molly!” I yell and I laugh when I hear her groan.

“Go back to sleep.” She says. Instead of following her orders I run into her room and pull her out of bed. She rolls on to her side and falls off the bed… directly on to me.

“Owwwww.” I laugh as she sprawls over me. I smack her and yell at her to get dressed. She stands up like soldier and I push her in the direction of her wardrobe.

I run back into my room and pull on the outfit I laid out yesterday. I then shove my curling tong, straighteners and hair dryer into my travel case which is already loaded with outfits. I also throw in my cheer leading stuff as we have to go straight to show offs afterwards. I pull on my shoes then run downstairs to meet Molly. Mom runs through a list of necessities and, when we are positive we have everything, we load the car and Molly drives us away. I wave to mom and dad then when they are out of site I turn on the radio. No Type by Rae Sremmurd comes on and we both belt the lyrics.

“Bad bitches is the only thing that I like!” I yell.

“You ain’t got no life!” Molly shouts as we pull on to the freeway. We jam out to more songs until I start to feel tired.

“Sophie it is like half seven and you had practically a days worth of sleep last night.” She says.

“Sshhh.” I hush her and curl up in my seat. My eyes are heavy and soon I am fast asleep.

“Sophie wake up there is a weird guy tapping on the car window.” Molly says, her voice shaking with fright.

“You liar.” I yawn and stretch. I look to my window and suddenly see a figure outside the window. I widen my eyes but then realise, it’s only Jack Gilinsky.

“Jack!” I yell and throw myself out of the car and pull him into a huge hug.

“Hey, young Sophie!” He laughs and I giggle. I hear the car door slam and Molly climbs out.

“Who is that?” Jack whispers in my ear.

“This is Molly, my sister.” I say, rolling my eyes. Molly is definitely the pretty one out of the two of us.

“Woah…” He says. I frown and give him a jokey shove.

“That’s my sister so watch your mouth.” I say and go to Molly to get my suitcase out of the trunk.

“Jack G likes you.” I say bluntly. I see her look over in his direction and they both blush. I grin and think; they would be a pretty cute couple.

Jack leads us to the main entrance of our hotel and we walk over to the check in desk. I look around and see it is a pretty fancy hotel. I don’t even have a dollar to my name so I obviously can’t afford a room here.

“We can’t stay here. We are broke.” Molly speaks my mind.

“Don’t worry. It’s on us.” Jack smiles at her, not even looking my way. The man at the desk checks us in and we head up to our floor, where the other guys are.

“I can’t wait to see everyone!” I say and go ahead of them. I look back as we are walking and see they are deep in conversation. The man leads us into an elevator and we stand in awkward silence until, finally, we reach the top floor.

I hear the guy’s voice from the other end of the corridor and I grin when I hear the yell of “SMACK CAM!”. I begin to jog lightly to room 507 where I detect the noise is coming from and loudly knock on the door.

“Hey it must be room service!” I hear Nash yell and footsteps come pounding towards me. The door swings open and all the guys are standing in the doorway. After a moments silence, Carter yells “Sophie!” and I am bombarded with hugs. I am dragged into their room, shoved on one of the beds and they all simultaneously tell me stuff.

“Vine time!” Jack J shouts so I crowd into the cameras view and Jack begins to vine.

“Remember the nine of us are doing a show here in Greensboro, North Carolina. See you here!” Jack says and the other woop and cheer. After the vine is posted, Jack turns to us and says, “Dares?”