Chapter 39 - Noah and Kyle

It is one o'clock in the morning and I am lying in bed awake. Elizabeth arrived to a sleeping Hayes – thank god- and I dashed off as soon as possible. She was a bit confused as to why Nash was carrying a saucepan upstairs but he got around it somehow and I left.

I can't believe what has happened in the space of two days. I lost my best friend, found out he still has my friendship bracelet and now I find out he loves me. My head is spinning as I lie awake, not knowing what to do. Pat of me wants Hayes not to remember what he told me but another part of me wants him to. This makes my heart stop. I do love Hayes. I have oved him since he first got back home. I have loved him since he first gave me the friendship bracelet. I've loved him since I first met him. My breathing has become ragged as I try to calm myself down. What have I done? Wat have I done? What shall I do? I ask myself these questions over and over.

When I wake up the next morning after only an hour of drifting in and out of sleep I trail downstairs to find Molly sitting at the breakfast bar by herself. The clock on the oven reads 11:34.

"Mom and dad are out. Happy weekend." She says and shoves a waffle on a plate in my direction. I munch in silence as she scrolls through her phone.

"hey do you wanna go to the mall for lunch today?" She breaks the silence and I nod with a mouthful of waffle.

"Sure." I say and we agree to be at the car in half an hour. I head upstairs to sort out my appearance and find some clothes. I pull on a light sweatshirt and a pair of leggings and pile my hair into a bun on my head. A quick glance in the mirror shows that I don't look very much better from my lack of sleep but I decide it will have to do.

Downstairs Molly is tying the laces of her sneakers. She tosses me my purse whilst I pull on a pair of converse an then we leave the house. The drive to the mall is pretty quick and the streets are surprisingly empty for a weekend.

"Where shall we eat?" Molly asks as we pull in the multi-story beside the mall.

"Chipotle?"

"Si, está bueno!" She says as she parks the car. We head out of the car park and straight to Chipotle where we grab a burrito and a bowl t share.

"We won last night you know." She refers to the football team and I sigh.

"Yeah, I know."

"How?"

"Hayes came in whilst I was babysitting." I munch on some rice and see her confused expression.

"What?"

"Nothing. But I was driving to meet the guys last night and I saw Kyle, Noah, that Tanner jerk, Hayes and a bunch of others outside someone's house. Looked like a killer party if you ask me."

"yeah, they got kinda wasted. Hayes was totally out of it when he came back."

"Yeah, he was gone. He saw me and started trying to climb into the car, asking me to drive him to see you. I told him to go suck a duck. If that helps."

"Oh dear. Hayes was telling me some weird shit when he came in. I had to call Nash to get help." I laugh.

"That's where Nash went. I thought he was meeting a girl." Molly says, her eyes wide. "What happened after?"

"We took him upstairs and he looked like he was gonna puke so Nash went to get a bucket or something and then, you aren't going to believe this, Hayes told me he loves me." I say and she groans.

"Oh my god."

I rub my temples and Molly sighs.

"It wasn't the drink talking you know." She says. "He likes you a lot."