Chapter 53 - The wait is finally over

Mom keeps me off school the next day, thinking am fatally ill. I lie in bed thinking about Hayes and manage to convince mum to take me to see him after school. The day is so boring and I feel bad taking a day off school that I know I don't need. I fall back to sleep at around midday and don't wake up until after school has finished.

When I wake up I get up and stretch. I see the clock I go downstairs to find mum, looking for something to eat.

"Mum?" No answer. I go through to the kitchen and find a note on the table. Apparently they have gone out for dinner and have left me nothing but some pasta and bread for my tea. Mum also has written they are going to visit friends so they won't be back till late. I scream the house down; she promised she would take me to see Hayes.

"Great thanks mum." I say to myself and get the pasta out of the fridge. It's mouldy. As usual I won't get a decent meal. I grab my purse and fish out twenty pounds. Should be enough for a pizza...

I ring up and order a cheese pizza and a bottle of coke. When it arrives I lounge around in my room with nothing to do, so I decide to video call Kaitlyn and Alyssa.

"Guys you there?" I call.

"Yup. Kaitlyn, you hear us?" Alyssa says.

"Yeah, guys I have to go in a bit."

"Why?"

"I'm meeting someone."

"Noah?"

"Maybe..."

"Cuties..." Alyssa says and I groan.

"You have Kyle you idiot."

"And soon you will have Hayes!" Kaitlyn sings.

"Okay... like that is going to happen." I say through a mouthful of pizza.

"Wait I think Noah is here." She says and goes downstairs. She comes back with Noah in tow and they sit in front of her computer.

"You alright ladies?" He says.

"Yeah I'm fabulous!" I say, my voice dripping with sarcasm. My head is banging from last night.

"Well you look great" He says and I remember my make up. I grab my hand mirror and look in to see my mascara streaked down each cheek. There is foundation in my hair and several strands are stuck to my mouth .

"Thanks Noah..."

"Its alrighty!"

"Sophie likes Hayes!" Alyssa bursts out and then I see her cover her mouth on the webcam.

"Alyssa, what the hell..."

"Sophie, the whole year basically knows."

"Noah..."

"You know it too. Just ask him out."

"But..."

"No buts!" Alyssa says.

"I can't ask him out."

"Well he is gonna be sad."

"Why?"

"Cos he luuurvvess you."

"Of course he does..." I say sarcastically.

"It's kind of obvious?"

"Okay byeee guys!" I say and shut my laptop. I am so confused.

...

The next day I have been called into the deputy principal's office. Apparently my science and spanish teachers have been complaining.