Chapter 8 - Different sides

When we arrive home, after holding in my tears for nearly an hour, I run upstairs and throw myself on the bed. My tears are all rushing out now and I gasp for air, my lungs burning.

“Sophie?” I can hear mom through the door so I grab my cushion and throw it, making the door slam.

“Sophie do you want anything.” She says calmly, though I can tell she is trying not to shout.

“Just... just leave me alone.” I stutter and, finally, I hear her walk away. My phones buzzes beside me so I check and see Hayes has already tweeted. 'Some people...' he has posted and it is obviously about me. I scream and throw my phone where I cannot find it and I hear the clunk of it hitting a wall.

When I wake up the sun is peeking through the curtains. The clock on my table reads ten thirty and I realise I must have slept at least twelve hours. Stretching my taut muscles, I trail downstairs and see Molly in the kitchen. She smiles, clever enough not to say anything then hands me a pancake.

I sit in silence whilst I eat until finally she speaks up.

“Do you wanna go shopping today? Y'know for your party?” She says, expecting me to get angry.

“Yeah sure.”

After I have got dressed, I sit at my vanity and do my hair. Since I don't want to spend much time on my hair and makeup, I throw it into a ponytail and quickly apply some mascara and foundation.

“Hurry up Sophie!” Molly yells and I thunder down the stairs, almost tripping on a stray boot. Molly throws me my purse and I yank on my sandals. In the car I check myself in the mirror and see I am already in a state. Molly drives off while I redo my hair.

We ended up searching for a parking spot for nearly ten minutes and are finally in the mall. I drag Molly into a shop and look at all the cute bikinis (it is a lake party after all). I grab a pink one and a black tassled one then hunt for some clothes. A pair of denim shorts catch my eye so I pick them up along with a pretty black cropped top. I urge Molly to try on a skirt so he gives in and comes into the changing rooms along side me.

Once I am changed I step out of the changing room to show Molly the first bikini.

“Do you like it?” I say and she nods while twirling in her skirt.

“Get that skirt.” I order and she laughs.

We leave the store with massive bags then decide to go get some lunch. Molly wants pizza so we go to the pizzeria on the second level.

More Than Friends - A Hayes Grier fanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara