Chapter 4 - First day of summer

“Sophie!!!” I hear Alyssa's voice from the other end of the mall. We planned to meet each other along with Kaitlyn to buy new outfits for the summer.

“Hey Al!” I squeal like we haven't seen each other in years, though it was only yesterday.

“Oh my gosh, I just found out the best news!” Kaitlyn says.

“Spill then!”

“Kyle and Noah are having a party at the lake! I got us all invited!” When I hear it we all do a group circle and squeal. As we walk they begin to question me about Hayes.

“Have you heard from him then?”

“Well... they got back yesterday and came for dinner at my house!” I say and their eyes widen.

“He's back for summer then?”

“Yep and he told me he is going to try and make it to all the parties.”

“Aw good for you. We could tell you missed him.” Alyssa says as we enter Brandy Melville. I see a cute bralette and a pair of shorts and decide to try them on. I spot a cute drapy cardigan and pick that up as well. We head to the changing rooms to get dressed.

“Does this look cute?” I ask as I come out of the changing room.

“Omg yes! I love it!” Kaitlyn says and then looks at the top she is trying on. “How about me?”

“Yeah it's nice.” I say but there is no need. Kaitlyn knows she looks good, she just likes compliments. Alyssa is twirling in the corner, wearing a really pretty dress. Both my friends are gorgeous and, compared to them, I am an ugly frog. At least I have guy friends or my life would be a disaster.

When we are done in Brandy Melville we head to the food court. I spot a restaurant and we go inside. We sit down in a booth and skim through the menu's. As we are reading we here boy's voice come from the entrance and I look up and spot Hayes, Noah and Kyle. I wave at Hayes and the three of them stroll over.

“Hayes, long time no see!” Alyssa says and gives him a friendy hug. He slides into the booth next to me and the other boys sit on the ends to make the numbers even.

“So are you guys gonna make it to the lake party then?” Noah asks as we decide what to order.

“Obviously. We can't miss your epic parties can we?” Kaitlyn flutters her eyelashes at him. I guess he is her next target then...

“I can't wait for it. There's gonna be fireworks, pizza, a lake trampoline... Kyle's dad is borrowing it all from his friend. How cool is that?”

“So Hayes are you gonna be there?” Alyssa asks, to get a conversation going. His phones begins to buzz at that precise moment and he jumps up to take it.