1-7

I had sighed out in relief at the silent house when I exited the bathroom and quickly tried to scramble down the hall and get to the garage

I went to Sweet Pea's at the same time on Friday every week now. It was well known that I would be there at his trailer usually no later than 6 o'clock.

I just had to get to the garage to grab my bag and I would be free for the weekend, living in bliss with Sweet Pea.

My steps froze up at the sight of Malachi seeming to be in hiding as if he had been waiting for me to pass. He gives me that classic smirk that makes a nervous breath leave me.

"Where you going, little sister?" At his voice my father glanced from his usual seat in the living room.

"Running off to your secret boyfriend to be a whore?" Despite knowing Malachi was destined to insult me in any of our conversations it still burned.

"What secret boyfriend?" My fathers voice made me flinch.

I looked to Malachi, "I don't have one."

"Secret boyfriend or should I ask if it's a Serpent boyfriend?" His suggestion made my heart pound but I refused to show it, even when my father stood.

"That's disgusting." I shot Malachi a glare.

"Is that true, Lilith? Are you fucking a Serpent?" My fathers frame came towering over me and immediately it was like I couldn't breathe. They couldn't find out. They would hurt him.

"No." My voice was steady but it made my father glare down at me. "Why would I let a snake even look at me?"

"Then you wouldn't mind spending the evening with Kai and I?" I wanted to run, to sprint out of the house at the demand.

I hadn't answered but my father pulled me to his side, his fingers digging into my arm as he pulled me to the couch.

I sat stiff as a board between them, feeling as if there was no air in the room. How was I going to get out of this? I didn't even have my phone with me which I guess I should be thankful of in case Sweet Pea called.

My guilt soared at the though, of him waiting for me in confusion only for me to not show. To not answer his calls or texts.

My father switched the TV to a disgusting gore filled movie. It was more of a snuff film than anything.

Twenty minutes into the torture my father stood to get a beer from the kitchen.

"I hope you got the chance to tell him you'd be late to your booty call." Malachi glared at me from my right side.

"I'm not meeting anyone." I repeated my lie.

"You're a liar. The sneaking around, the hickeys, the texts." My frame froze up slightly at this.