the war

The White Wyrm seemed dangerous without Sweet Pea's arm around me, everyone stared as the door shut behind me

"FP!" I yelled at him once I spotted him besides the whole gang of Serpents.

Whispering immediately flared at the sight of me, I forced myself to ignore the talking as the man looked at me.

"What are you doing here, Ghoulie?" He glared hard with bloodshot eyes.

"Malachi wants a war, FP." I could see multiple Serpents approach from the corner of my eye.

"He wants to wipe out the Serpents." I forced myself not to reach for my knife, I was incredibly nervous being here.

"And Jughead only made things worse." I tell him.

"Why would you warn us? Aren't you supposed to be their Princess?" FP spat in anger but I could see the sadness in his eyes.

I returned it with a look of my own, "I've found friends here- real friends."

"I love Sweet Pea, FP. I'll be damned if I let any of those fuckers even get a shot in at him or any of the people he cares about." I fully admitted watching the anger on his face soften.

"I already failed stopping this." I had to clench my jaw to stop any tears from rising.

"Please," I begged, "Stop this."

"You can't do it." I demanded.

"I have to! And I will." FP shouted at me.

My mouth opened in anguish at the thought, "I'll be forced to fight back, FP! They'll kill me if I don't. I'm begging you to talk them out of this!"

"We already voted." He admitted almost seeming to regret his fury filled haste.

My eyes found my small friends sad face, "Stay the absolute hell away from me out there, Topaz."

"I'll have no choice and trust me when I say you won't have a chance when I have a knife in my hands." Tears rose in my eyes of the thought of trying to force myself to use my weapon.

Even when Toni was clearly terrified she joked, "You wouldn't even need a knife to take me, Lil."

"Make sure you have one then." I tried to make it into a joke but I knew everyone in the bar could see my tears.

"I can't save Serpents this time, FP." I almost whimpered out. "I have to choose my people."