28

"I have a present for you

"I have a present for you." Malachi seemed to grin on the other line. The sound made me pale, his presents were never a good thing.

"Come to the docks, Little Sister." He demanded before swiftly ending the call.

I frowned down at my phone with a racing heart, what if he had Sweet Pea?

I threw myself onto my Aprilla before I sped off, desperately hoping I would get there in time to stop anything permanent from happening.

When I arrived a group of Ghoulie's stood in a large group- sounding like savage hyenas.

I pushed my way through the crowd as quickly as I could until I reached Malachi in the center, he was kicking someone. The person on the ground let out a cry in pain at the force of Malachi's brutality.

One sight of Jughead Jones on the ground made my whole body stiffen and before I knew it I was shoving Malachi a step away from the weapon less boy.

"Stop!" I yelled out my need for Jughead's survival higher than my own.

"What are you doing?" I yelled as I glanced to Jughead's swollen face.

"This is payment!" Malachi roared.

"The prince has offered himself, but you've ruined that now." His eyes formed harsh glares.

"FP is going to want revenge, as well as the rest of the Serpents." I tried to reason but I had little to no hope in him.

"Are you that scared of him that you had to bring everyone, Big Brother?" I glanced to the large crowd of young faces.

"I'm scared of no snake." Malachi spat as he stepped closer to me.

"Clearly you're a coward, you couldn't fight him on your own." As soon as my words finished Malachi pulled back his clenched fist- hitting me directly across my jaw.

I stumbled back but shoved him away from me- from Jughead.

"Go home before I force you to fight me on your own."

"Or are we all too cowardly to fight our own battles now?" I yelled out to the crowd only receiving claims of denial before a few stared to stray from the group.

"Go!" I yelled to the rest, watching them glance between Malachi and I before dispersing.

Malachi may be older but I knew these people, I used to be personally close to all of them before I met Sweet Pea.

The phone rang and rang, Lilith grew fearful he wouldn't answer.

"Lili?" The voice answered, "We're in a meeting."

"Jughead is at the docks." I said fill out guilt, my tears whelling to full capacity.

"He's gonna die if you don't hurry." I rushed out before I hung up, not being willing to hear any of his words. Fearful of what he would say to me.