35

Kai and I are sat side by side the next time I see the Serpents, and they're making a horrible deal

My eyes flare at the mention of Sunnyside, I try to shake my head as much as I try to force myself not to.

Idiots.

Idiots, they're all idiots!

They're going to lose their homes, the Serpents will go extinct.

Jughead is staring at me when he agrees and I know he sees my knuckles go white against the blade in my hand.

I had a fucking plan! Of course Jughead had to come in guns blazing- full of overly cocky pride and ruin it.

"You're an idiot." I sneered at him, knowing my teeth had residual blood on them from the fight I'd been in earlier.

I can hear Kai laugh.

I stood from my chair, "What you're signing up for is a slaughter, Jones."

"We'll fight for what's ours." Sweet Pea's eyes are as hard as stone when he looks at me.

I glare knowing his words have a double meaning. He'll fight for me now, Sweet Pea will for sure be hurt during this fight.

I point my blade registering the small shake in my fingers, "Then a slaughter you'll get."

Malachi's grin grew feral, "We'll see you all later."

"I believe my baby sister might need another round in the cage to hold her off until then." He grinned.

"Kane?" Malachi smiled, "Care to help her out?"

My eyes roll as the large Ghoulie takes a step back from me, his fingers splaying across his scarred chest in an unknown show of fear.

"Please," Kai turned to the Serpents, "Stay for the show."

I bounding up into the small cage we had created for these fights, my knife held in my grip harder than I ever remember.

"I hope the nightmares I give you will change your minds." My eyes skate across Serpent cuts as I slide my own down my arms.

My mix of white, pink and purple scars shine under the lights, showing off what I'd always been scared Sweet Pea would see.

My battle wounds.

"Kane!" Malachi snapped loudly before Kane removed his shirt.

"LILI" was cut across his chest in a brutal and uneven way.

One of my first real fights. Kane thought he could take me- I felt the need to prove myself.

Nobody ever looked down on me again.

I could feel the breath sucked out of the room with the shock.

Kane's scars were healed but would never leave him.

Just as mine would never leave me.

"Please" Kane whispered, "No more scars."

My head tilted at his weakness, "Maybe I should just gut you like a fish."

Kai clapped loudly with a laugh before I showed an unwarranted amount of kindness.

I dropped my blade to the mat watching Kane evaluate it with his eyes, marking it's exactly position to get to later if he needed it.

I wouldn't give him a chance.

A single step towards him has him backing up further by multiple big steps. I can't help but release the laugh bubbling in my throat.

"You're a pathetic little toy." My jaw twitched in anger, "You fear me despite being twice my size."

"I've seen your handiwork." He whispered back, his gaze calculating ever muscle on my frame.

"It would be suicide to underestimate you." Kane admitted.

My gaze met Sweet Pea's for an unknown reason, as if I was reminding him. He did underestimate me.

That moment though, the second I'm looking away is when Kane strikes. His fist slams across my cheekbone sending me stumbling, but not long enough.

His fist lands in the middle of my stomach before I sent a kick into his side with all my force.

And then I hit him right in his meaty throat with my elbow.

He's gasping, clutching it and rendering himself defenseless like a fool.

And then I'm taking him to the ground, swiping his legs and swinging a leg around that same throat to lock with my other as we both fly to the ground.

My legs are locked but he's still smacking, trying to fling his fists at my face. I make quick fists to the middle of his ribs, knocking air out quicker than he can get in.

And then he's asleep.

The room is silent for a split second before Ghoulie howls are filling the room but my eyes are locked on the Serpents.

I see the shock. I see the confusion of how it happened so fast, too fast to stop it and I see the fear.

My eyes lock on Jughead's, "A slaughter."

My reminder is quick and firm, it seems to knock Jughead from his daze and he's quick to announce their departure.

I watch Sweet Pea's back as I untangle myself from Kane.

"We shouldn't do this." I hissed to Kai as he stepped up to my side.

"They did it, Little Sister." He told me with a smile despite the glare I shot him.

"You forced their hand." I snapped at him.

"So did you, Princess." Kai turned to face me, "You started all of this."

"It's time you fucking finish it." Kai demanded.

My heart pounded, I had to finish it.

I had no fucking choice, they'd kill me if I went against this war.

Too many wanted it and unless I was going to kill Kai and take over- I had no more options left.

I had to fucking fight.

I had to maul and try to survive the war that was rapidly- and unnecessarily approaching.