34

"Big brother," I grinned, "What a surprise

"Big brother," I grinned, "What a surprise."

Malachi is looking at me like he doesn't know me. Like I'm not his blood, like he's not mine.

I guess he can recognize a predator when he's in the presence of one, I can give him props for that at least.

"I heard something happened on the docks last tonight, care to share?" I hummed as I circled him.

Of course I'd already heard the news- Jughead tried to be a hero.

Tried to give himself over to stop the oncoming war between Ghoulies and Serpents. Like he has no faith in me, in the part I run.

Stupid Serpent ego.

It'll get them all killed.

Across town Jughead was dealing with his own crew.

"It was insane!" Jughead was holding his head in his hands, his heart still pounding.

"Lilith told them not to mess with us, Malachi ordered them all to beat me and not a single one of them moved to his command." Jughead shook his head in absolute confusion.

"He was fucking furious, shouting and going against his own." Jughead told the group as they all glanced to one another.

"Malachi says the war is coming, that the princess is writing it." Sweet Pea stiffened at the news.

Sweet Pea had been trying to contact her, calling and even leaving voicemails begging for her to call him. His heart was crumbling.

Despite their time together the other day her walls were still up high and he worried she truly had just needed the relief of sex and didn't want him. But she'd told him she loved him, she told him so many times.

Sweet Pea couldn't help but doubt it.

He supposed it was payback in a way- that he'd made Lilith doubt everything and chase him. Now Sweet Pea was the one desperately chasing her.

Lilith didn't care, she did in her own way- but she had bigger things to look at right now.

Like her coward of a brother who was fidgeting in front of her like a child in trouble.

"He turned himself in, what else was I to do?" Malachi finally settled on saying which was just as displeasing as the fidgeting.

"I understand you were off hiding, Brother, but there is a Ghoulie wide Serpent ban currently." I glared.

"I want to meet with them, see what all they have going on, see what we can agree on." My eyes rolled.

I had a fucking plan.

I want a truce.

I want solid ground under my feet for just once on my own. Without fucking depending on someone- without depending on Sweet Pea.