It's My Party and I Can Cry If I Want To

Saturday came and Charlotte was looking forward to the party. She stroked her small baby bump while Chloe tore her closet apart looking for something to wear.

Char, you have to have something in there for you to wear. Where the hell is the sundress I bought for you? She asked.

It's in there. Charlotte said. Chloe continued looking to dig through her closet until she found the garment she was looking for.

Aha! She said producing the dress.

There it is. I told you it was in there. She said.

I know you did. Now, get dress, we have to be there in like half an hour. She said leaving the room to get herself dressed. Charlotte laughed as Chloe told her. Both girls made it to the stairs at the same time.

You look great. Charlotte said.

Thanks, Char. I feel fat though. She said.

You are carrying my little niece or nephew. So, you get as fat as you need to. You'll always be beautiful. She reassured her friend.

I'm just so nervous because my friends from Phoenix are going to be there. Most of them don't know I'm pregnant. She fretted.

If they give you a problem, forget them. Chloe said, squeezing Charlotte's shoulder and grabbing her keys before walking to the car. Charlotte followed closely behind her and climbed into the passenger seat of Chloe's car.

Moments later...

Charlotte began seeing cars parked outside the beach house and grew more excited. She saw her parent's car and Mr. and Mrs. Hart's car. Jasper and Henry were already, so were Justin and Piper. She could see Lindsey's car and her sister, Chelsea, car park as well. There were some others she didn't recognize but chalked it up to Henry's mom inviting the whole town. When Chloe parked the car, they both walked into the house, she immediately set out to find Henry. She could hear him talking and she followed his voice. Charlotte stopped walking when she saw him talking with her parents, she saw her mom and dad laugh at something he said. The image made her feel warm inside.

Hey, babe. He said when he turned his head to look at her. She walked over to them and kissed them quickly before hugging her mom and dad.

Thanks for being here. She said.

We wouldn't miss it for the world. They told her.

Neither would I. Chelsea, Charlotte's older, but always traveling sister, said walking over to Charlotte and pulling her into her arms. "You look beautiful, Lil sis."

Same to you. I can't believe you came all this way. She said hugging Chelsea tightly.

It was time, and besides, Scotland isn't so fun when you haven't been with your family in a long time. She said.

Thanks for being here. Charlotte said when she pulled away.

Congrats. Chelsea said placing her hands on Charlotte's belly.

We're excited. I know I'm still a teenager, but it feels so right. She said smiling lovingly at Henry. Charlotte continued on greeting people, she ran into Lindsey who summoned her over. She was standing with a group of people she was friends with back in Phoenix.

Hey, thanks for coming. She told Lindsey while leaning in to hug her.

No problem. Just like me, everyone wanted to be here. She said.

Hey, everyone. Charlotte said greeting the people she used to hand out with.

Nice to see you. One boy said.

You're pregnant. Another one said.

Yeah. She answered.

Who's the father? the same boy asked.

My boyfriend, Henry. Charlotte said uncomfortably because the guy she was talking to was Grant's best friend, Cody. He had never supported anything that Grant did, but he had a burning hatred for Henry, for reasons that were left unexplained.

Henry. I hate that name. Cody said. Charlotte laughed uncomfortably. She and Cody were tentative friends when she was with Grant. She really wished that Lindsey hadn't invited him.

I know you do. She said brushing it off. It was going great until Henry walked over to her and put his arm around her.

Cody Hutton. What brings you into my town, and to this party? He asked seeing his rival.

Charlotte's my friend. What are you doing, Hart? He asked glaring at him.

Charlotte's my girl, and we are celebrating OUR baby. he said bragging slightly.

You and Henry Hart? He spluttered in shock.

Yeah, You reacted as badly as Grant did. She said laughing.

Cody's sudden shock turned into a blank stare at Charlotte. "I hate him."

I'm going to go talk to some people. Henry said kissing Charlotte once before leaving her alone to talk to her friends.

I'm in love. Charlotte said dreamily.

I can see that. Lindsey said.

He is so perfect. She said.

So, I guess I won't be able to convince you to come on home? She asked.

This is home. Charlotte answered before hugging her once more before walking off to talk to others. She socialized and caught up with so many people she lost contact with, Charlotte reminded herself to thank Mr. and Mrs. Hart for this later. They went the whole 9-yards with this party by inviting her family, and friends and the food, it was just so perfect.

Little did she know what her "perfect" life had in store for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Get ready for a bumpy ride......