Step at a Time

The Penthouse

When Henry stepped off the elevator, he dashed to his liquor cupboard, grabbed the first bottle he saw, and began drinking.

That'll do it. Henry smiled, looking at the bottle.

He went to go to his room to prepare for the night ahead, only to be startled half to death by his maid, Vicky.

JESUS! Henry let out a guttural scream. "VICKY! What are you doing here?"

Sorry, sir. Vicky expressed regret. "I didn't mean to surprise you, but I needed to ask you a favor."

What is it? Henry inquired as he walked past her and over to the couch to sip his drink.

My oldest daughter is graduating from high school early and is receiving honors. Vicky smiled as she explained. "Jerry and I have been saving for years in order to send her to Columbia. However, we had to use her college fund to pay for an unforeseen repair, and we are now a bit short of the tuition necessary."

How short should it be? Henry pondered, concerned.

Only $6000. Vicky replied, a little cautiously.

"Oh," Henry mumbled as he choked on his drink.

I was thinking that if you and Ms. Charlotte was to consider providing us a loan. Vicky offered. "I'm willing to take more to work more.hours in order to pay you back."

I'll have to talk this with Charlotte. Henry stated as he stood up to continue his journey upstairs.

Thank you very much, sir. Vicky began to cry. " I won't let you regret this ."

While Henry was going up the stairs, he noticed the spot on the couch that Jasper occupied as a bed was empty.

Vick, do you know what happened to the man who was sitting on this couch? Henry asked

Yes, Mr. Jasper said that he was stepping out for a moment to handle some errands. Vicky explained.

Ok.... Henry said, confused that Jasper had gone to errands that while he was still making his way upstairs.

Meanwhile...

"CHRIS!"

The boy turned around at the sound of his name being called, to see it was Kelly and Matt.

Oh, you two. Christian stated with a dismissive tone. He began to turn away in order to continue walking back.

Casey told us what really happened last night. Kelly remarked this as she caught up to Christian. "We are sorry  for stupidly believing her. I can't believe she lied about you in such a way. What kind of individual would do such a thing to another?"

A psychotic bitch. Matthew responded.  "After this, I don't think we should trust her anymore."

Now, that we've gotten apologies out of the way, Christian began smiling, "So, you guys going to "Save The Kids" fundraiser tonight?"

Can't. Matt quickly said. "My dad is coming back to town for dinner tonight. I gotta be there. Kelly?"

Sorry Chris. I'm busy with the yearbook cub tonight. Kelly shrugged in

Damn it! Christian angrily his locker. "what the hell am I going to do for tonight?"

Well, you could hit up Liam. Kelly smiled. "I'm sure you would feel better in the comfort of an older guy."

Ew! Christian laughed. "You make it sound like he is 40. He's not that much older than us. He looks like he is 17-19. Plus, we talked earlier today and it didn't seem like he wanted to see me."