Home Sweet Hell

It was finally Friday and everyone was sitting on the bus for the 2-hour drive to Phoenix, Arizona. Charlotte and Henry were cuddled up in one seat while Chloe and Jasper were in the seat right next to theirs. Charlotte didn't want to admit it but she was nervous about going back home to Phoenix again because the last she was there she was leaving the city and her main goal was to keep her feelings to herself and not let Henry know because she didn't want him to worry. The bus was silent, just the way the coach liked it. He was playing some old music that no one in this generation would really even know, so Henry and Jasper each had their phones and so they plugged their headphones in and started their playlist. Charlotte got butterflies in her stomach as they got closer to Phoenix.

The drive was very uneventful and soon enough they were pulling up in front of the hotel that the school booked for them. Once in the lobby, the coach started handing out room assignments.

Melissa and Piper. Chloe and Charlotte. Jasper and Henry. he said handing out sets of room keys. Henry smiled at their fortune, it wouldn't take much for Charlotte and Jasper to switch rooms, so he and Charlotte could have some alone time. The smile on Charlotte's face told him that she was thinking the same thing.

Curfew is at 9, you can do whatever you want until then. The coach yelled at the retreating students.

Charlotte, Henry, Chloe, and Jasper were walking into an available elevator to go up to their rooms.

I kinda want to go visit my parents. Does anyone want to come with me? Charlotte said squeezing Henry's hand.

Sure. I would love to meet your parents. Henry said pulling her hand to his mouth so he could kiss it.

Yeah, I haven't seen your mom and dad in years. Let's go, Jasper. Chloe said excitedly.

Great. Let's drop off our stuff then leave. Charlotte suggested. The group all agreed.

Charlotte was leading them into town and she pointed out all her favorite places she used to hang out. Charlotte froze a little bit when she went past the school because she knew who was inside that school and wanted more than anything but to not see him this weekend. Although she knew that it was unlikely since Grant played Basketball on the Oak Lake team and would be playing Swellview tomorrow afternoon.

Are you ok? Henry whispered.

Yeah. It's just walking past that school makes me nervous. Charlotte admitted.

It's okay. You are safe with me. I promise. Henry vowed.

I know. Thank you. she said leaning her head on his shoulder as they walked through the town. The four of them walked in silence for a little while until they turned on Charlotte's old neighborhood.

This is my neighborhood. Charlotte said when they turned onto a tree-lined street. They walked down on the street until Charlotte stopped in front of a large brick house.

This is my parent's house. Charlotte told them.

It's a beautiful house. Jasper said.

Thank you. This is where I grew up. she told them.

I can picture you living here. Henry told her.

You see that window right there? she asked pointing to the window near the big oak tree in the front yard.

Yeah. Henry said.

That was my room. Charlotte said.

I could picture myself climbing up that tree to get into your bedroom window to be with you. Henry said.

I could picture that too but in my picture, you would fall off the tree and I would have to come to rescue you. Charlotte laughed

Haha. You would not. I have skills. Henry said defending himself.