Justice For All

As she was watching Grant being hauled away, Charlotte felt a weight being lifted off of her shoulders. She hadn't felt this free, this safe in a long time. He was gone. Grant was really gone. She saw Loretta sitting in a chair on the other side of the room with her head in her hands. Charlotte squeezed Henry's hand and walked over to her, taking the seat right on the other side of her. Loretta looked up when Charlotte sat down. 

I'm sorry, Charlotte. I didn't realize he actually did that to you. The detective told me he had concrete proof to say that the assault did happen. She said staring at Charlotte. 

It's ok. I'm just glad it's over. Charlotte said. Loretta placed her head in her hands again and sobbed. Charlotte placed a reassuring hand on her back. 

It's ok, Loretta. He is better off in here than out there, where he could've done this again to another woman. She tried to assure the older woman. Henry walked over. 

Char, we should probably get going. He said. Charlotte nodded and stood up. 

Bye, Loretta. She said walking away. 

The drive back Swellview was silent, no one knew what to say. As they near Swellview, Charlotte stood up. 

I think I should spend the night with Chloe. It's just we haven't had a girl's night in such a long time and I missed it. She said. 

That's a good plan. I know Chloe missed the old you. Henry said. 

It's funny, I can feel her coming back to me. Thank you, Mr. Hart, for helping me with this. She said. 

It's no problem, Charlotte. You are part of our family now. I'm glad it's over with. He said. Once back in Swellview, Mr. Hart dropped Charlotte off at Chloe's. She kissed Henry goodbye before walking into the house. 

Charlotte? Chloe called. She walked down the stairs to see her best friend standing by the door. 

Hey, Chloe. Charlotte said walking forward to hug her friend. 

So, what happened? Chloe asked. 

He's in jail. Charlotte said smiling. 

Oh, Thank god. What are you doing here? I totally thought you and henry would be shacking it up by now? Chole asked. 

Nah. I figured I wanted to have a girl's night with you. Ice cream, mani-pedis, and some cheesy and corny chick flick. She said. 

For the rest of the night, they spent the night talking, painting their nails, and watching some good and bad 80's movies, but they suffered through the bad ones because they had good-looking actors in them. 

Next day

Charlotte woke up legs tangled on the floor with Chloe's. Charlotte unwound herself from Chloe's legs and got up. 

Where are you going? Chloe asked. 

Shower. Charlotte answered. 

I'll see you tonight because we need to have another girl's night. She said. 

Fine, but I have something to do first before we have another girl's night. Sound good? She asked. 

Sounds good. Chloe said waving her friend bye as she exited when she walked to the car. 

Charlotte drove off to take care of that important obligation. 

A little while later...

Wake up. She called softly. He didn't respond so she kissed him again. 

Wake up.  We have this big house to ourselves all day, I want to get some use out of it. She said smirking. He didn't respond. 

I guess I'll go home and hang out by myself. Since you won't give me what I want. She said standing up. Before she could get up, he had his arms wrapped firmly around her waist not allowing her to move.