Crossing The Red Line

Monday Morning

Charlotte not only woke up to the sound of her alarm clock but to a violent episode of nausea. She sprinted into her bathroom and started vomiting.

What the hell? she thought to herself.

Char, are you ok? Chloe asked coming into the room hearing Charlotte vomiting down the hall.

I think so. Charlotte said as the wave of nausea passed over as quickly as it had come.

Did you eat something bad last night? Chloe asked worriedly.

I don' think so. Charlotte said walking over to her bed

Are you going to school? Chloe asked

Yeah, I already missed three days and besides, I feel fine now and I need to talk to Henry. Charlotte said reassuring her friend.

Ok but If you are feeling sick when we get to school or anything. Just take my keys and go home. Jasper can take me home from school if necessary. Chloe said.

Deal. Now let's get ready. Charlotte said ushering Chloe out the door.

It was while she was showering that she noticed something missing from her life at this point. Charlotte's brain always went into overdrive when she was showering, maybe it was the water that made it easier to think? She didn't know, but when she got out and dried off, she went to her calendar and started counting.

Oh my god. Charlotte said to herself. Chloe came in a little later to find Charlotte sitting cross-legged on wrapped in a towel counting.

Char, What are you doing? Chloe asked

This cannot be happening. Charlotte repeated.

Char, I don't understand. Chloe said worriedly.

I'm late. I've never been late in my life. That's why I threw up. This cannot be happening. Charlotte said, her voice sounding panicked.

Oh my god. Chloe said as she grasped what Charlotte was saying

What am I supposed to do, Chloe? Charlotte asked in tears sliding down her face.

First, You have to get a dress. You have to get a pregnancy test. We'll stop at the drug store on the way to school then after school, if the test comes back positive then I'll take you to the doctors to get checked out. Chloe said.

Thanks. Charlotte said standing up feeling relieved.

Let's go. Charlotte said as she grabbed Charlotte's hand and led her from the house.

Chloe pulled into the parking lot of the drug store and led Charlotte over to where the Pregnancy test was located. Quickly, she grabbed one and paid for it and got back in the car.

Do you want to go home and do this now Ir at school? Either way, I will be there with you. Chloe asked Charlotte.

The school is fine. I don't want to be late for class. Charlotte said.

Either way, you're gonna be late. Thankfully, You won't be alone in being late, since we're both in that class.

Chloe slowly drove to the school and was still worried about Charlotte.

They walked into school after Chloe parked the car in the school Parking lot.

Hey. Henry said as he saw both of the girls entering the school. He tried kissing her but only got the cheek.

Is everything alright? he asked softly.

Yeah, It's just I have something to take care of this morning. It's that time of the month and I also need to talk to my teachers since I missed 3 days last week. Charlotte said lying.

Ok, so have fun with all of that and I'll just see you in the 3rd period. Henry said kissing her again and now on the lips and then turned right back to his locker.

Are you going to tell him, Char? Chloe asked.

I don't want to ruin his life. All I can do right now is hope that it's all a freaky coincidence. Charlotte said as they walked to the bathroom.

Chloe walked in the bathroom first to make sure no one was in there and cleared out some girls who were doing their make up. Charlotte was thankful that she made sure that the place was empty. Chloe slid the lock into place so they wouldn't be disturbed.

Ok, Go take the test and I'll be right here. she said encouragingly

Charlotte nodded and walked into a stall and shut the door. Five minutes they were watching the little lines on the stick turns pink.

What am I going to do? I'm 17 and I can't be pregnant. This can't be happening. Charlotte said crying. Chloe wrapped her arms around her best friend. They both heard the school bell that rang for the first period.

Let's get to class. Charlotte said as she was wiping her eyes.

Are you sure? Chloe asked.

Yeah. Charlotte said and led Chloe towards their English Class.

Charlotte had a hard time paying attention because all she could focus on was the one pink line on the test. She thought that she missed her cycle and the test was negative. That thought calmed her down and she was able to hear what the teacher was saying but as the day went on CHarlotte started to get even more nervous because deep down inside of her something was telling her that the test wasn't negative. She knew that the combination with nausea this morning and her being late.

RING RING

When English was over, Chloe and Charlotte ran back into the bathroom to see if the test was done and saw one pink line and cheered. Charlotte took a big and deep sigh of relief because she was glad that she wasn't having a baby at this time. Charlotte put the negative pregnancy test back into her bag because she didn't want to throw it away in the girl's bathroom.

Charlotte! Chloe! Jasper wants to know if you guys want to do something tonight. He thinks a triple date might be kind of fun with Justin and Piper. he asked

Sure. the girls said at the same time.

Charlotte walked up to Henry and kissed him so passionately.

Well, Hello to you as well. Henry said smiling

Later on...

Chloe and Charlotte were getting dressed for the triple date.

Achoo! Chloe sneezed very loudly as she was in the bathroom and grabbed a tissue to wipe her nose but something quickly caught her eye before throwing away the tissue.

Uh...Char? Chloe asked shakingly.

What? Charlotte asked.

You need to come see this. Chloe said

Charlotte walked into the bathroom and saw that Chloe was holding the pregnancy test.

Why are you holding my test? Charlotte asked suspiciously.

Chloe showed the test which was still negative.

What are you showing? Charlotte asked.

Chloe brought the test closer to the light that was above the mirror and brought Charlotte closer.

Oh my god. Charlotte said as she was gasping.

What the girls were seeing on the test was a one clear bold red line but one faint red line on the test.

oh my god. Charlotte said

Do you wanna go to the doctor's? Chloe asked.

Yes. Charlotte said as she was trying to think it was all a dream.