Don't Get Too Comfortable

Charlotte was sitting at the table in Chloe's kitchen reading a letter from Phoniex law offices.

What is it? Chloe asked taking a seat across from her, with a cup of coffee.

A letter. They want me to be at Grant's trial. They said I don't need to testify, but they would really appreciate it if I did. She said sighing.

Are you going to go? Chloe asked.

I have to. I think seeing him in custody will end it completely. She said.

Henry's not going to like it. Chloe said.

I know, which is why I'm dreading telling him. Charlotte agreed.

That afternoon

Charlotte survived the day at school, all while under the worried glance of Chloe, and the confused glance of Henry. Henry and Charlotte were walking hand in hand down the streets, their hands swinging in between them.

Ok, You are freaking me out, Char. What's going on? He asked concerned.

Um....nothing. She said uncertainly.

Yes, there is something on your mind, and I want to hear it. He said squeezing her hand and pulling her to a stop on the sidewalk.

I guess I can't hide this from you any longer. I got a letter in the mail today. I'm supposed to go to Phoniex for Grant's trial. They want to testify. She explained gauging at his reaction.

Absolutely not. He said writing off automatically.

Hen, it's my decision. You don't get to make it for me. She said.

You are not going back there, I don't want you to see him again. He said dropping her hand.

Don't act like this. We should talk about this in private, it's too revealing in public. She said, noticing a few stares in her dierection.

Ok, then we'll talk about this at your place. He said.

She nodded in agreement, and they both walked to her car in silence. They didn't talk at all in the car either. Charlotte was angry because Henry was trying to control her life. Henry was mad because it seemed like Charlotte was already planning on going, and was just letting him know. Charlotte noticed Chloe's car wasn't present in the driveway which meant the house was empty. Henry parked the car and Charlotte hopped out and made her way to the door, with Henry following behind her.

Henry followed her into the kitchen where she grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

You understand, right? You are not going back there. He said closing the subject.

Oh, really? Well, newsflash, You are not the boss me. She said taking a drink out of the bottle not really wanting to fight with him.

Wow, my dad and I worked so hard to make sure Grant ended up in prison, and the thanks we get from that is... you throwing it away as if it didn't happen. This is the most selfish thing I have ever seen. He said.

Selfish? The way you are acting right now, Henry is selfish. You are only thinking about yourself and your own feelings. That's selfish. She said slamming the bottle down on the counter.

Say what you want, you are not going back to Phoenix. He said.

And, I'm telling you that I am going back and you will just need to deal with it. She said.

That's B.S Charlotte, and you know it. Why do you ever want to go back there? He said growing more angrier.

Just because I can, and will. She said throwing her hands up in the air. "You wouldn't understand."