Dinner at Eight

Monday Morning

Christian's latest almost hookup had been two days ago, but despite the fact that it never happened, he still had Liam on his mind. But he knew that if he gave it time, Liam wouldn't be a blink in his memory, since it happened to the other 2 guys. 

" Chris."

Christian turned around at the sound of his name, he noticed Henry waiting in his doorway "5 minutes start of school. I'm taking the limo to work, so hurry up."

Christian hastily changed into his clothes and followed his father out the door.

What happened to Mom? As he stepped into the limo, Christian pondered.

For a meeting, she had to arrive early at work. Henry stated as he lowered his gaze to the phone.

I also noticed that Uncle Jasper is still sleeping on the couch in the Family room. I recognize the irony in that phrase,  Christian remarked, "but it's been two days and all he's done is sleep during the day and has a surge of energy at night."

Wow, you noticed that, but not the pile of clothing in your room. Still staring at his phone, Henry stated.

Right. Christian said, quietly.

Christian and Henry's father/son relationship has been declining for years, ever since Henry founded his automobile company, which required him to dedicate more time to it. The silence that filled the car was customary for both of them, and they had gotten accustomed to it over the years.

The moment the car arrived at Christian's school, St. George school, it felt like heaven. 

Bye, Dad. Christian said, gathering his stuff, and leaving the limo. 

Sure, bye. Henry replied, still looking at his phone and texting. 

Once he closed the door to the limo, within seconds of getting out of the limo, it started speeding off going into oncoming lanes.

As Christian walked  saw Kelly and Matt waiting for him at the front of the steps, looking at their phones.  

Sup, guys. Christian said, walking up to them. 

We want the dirt. Casey approached him, whispering eagerly. "How was it? Will You see him again? Was the night unforgettable?"

It was an unforgettable night, no doubt. Christian replied, "Because it was the worst night I've had in my life."

What happened? Kelly asked, while walking into the school. "Was he bad? Was it small?"

I wouldn't know, since we never even made to second base. Christian stated. "He passed out halfway through it"

Are you going to see him again? Casey asked.

Unlikely. Christian replied, as the three of them reached their honors English class. "He said he was only in town for a few days before he has to return home. He's most likely on his way back on a plane right, and has already forgotten about me."

You seem upset. Casey expressed concern with a phony expression. "And there's only one type of therapy that can help you get through this difficult time: retail."

If this was any other day, Christian would refused to go, but he needed something to numb the pain of getting rejected yet again, so if it had to be designer then so be it. "i'm in. Kelly?"

I can't. Kelly said. "I've got Yearbook club meeting."

But it's only January. Don't they meet in March or April? Casey asked confused.

They want to audition to see who is the right candidate for their club. Kelly explained. 

Meanwhile, we'll be squandering 8 hours of our time doing stuff that will never benefit us later in life. Casey grumbled. "We've been in school for 3.5 months now, and the only days we've had off were Thanksgiving and Christmas. More vacation days should be granted to us."