How To Kill A Mocking Boy

The weekend went by quickly and soon enough everyone was back on a bus heading back to Swellview. Henry was relieved to be leaving Phoniex for the main purpose of getting Charlotte away from Grant. He had never hated one person more his entire life and he really hoped his dad found something legal to with him. 

Meanwhile

Jake Hart was sitting locked in his office. During the weekend he had broken into Chloe's house and stolen all the pictures Charlotte had of herself after the attack. She had told him that she had them because she always wanted to remember how she felt afterward. He needed proof and this was perfect proof but while searching through all Charlotte's stuff he came across something that he wishes he didn't see and it was a brown manilla that was unopen. What he found inside the envelope was the perfect weapon to use against Grant Henderson.  The pervert had taken pictures of his attack on Charlotte while it was happening. Pictures and a video as much as he didn't want to, he had to watch the video and he needed to know exactly what was on the tape. The pictures were enough to make Jake Hart gag and he now wanted Grant dead. The things he did to the mother of his grandbaby were horrible. It was a wonder that she recovered at all, There was something on the bottom of the letter that was a note folded in half, the writing was messy but legible. 

 Charlotte: 

You and I both know that I'm not sorry for what I did. But if you ever come here and tell ANYONE what happened between us, I will finish the job. You know I mean it. I was capable of doing what I did to you in the first place. Need any reminders?  There are a tape and some pictures to help jog your memory if you've forgotten. I suggest you watch the tape. I thoroughly enjoyed them. I found it kind of kinky, especially the way you screamed my name in pain. Sex is the best when it's only me being pleasured. You taught me that, baby.  Baby, You brought this upon yourself so don't blame me. All you had to do was to have sex with me and this wouldn't have happened to you. I repeat if you tell anyone about this, I will come after you. You want to know when and you won't know where. As I finish please know that at this moment  I am listening to you scream while I hit your face over and over again. Enjoy my gifts, baby,  May them make you think of me. 

yours truly,

Grant. 

Jake read and reread, his hatred for him growing quickly. At this point he didn't care if he spent the rest of his life in prison, he was going to hurt Grant Henderson as much as he hurt Charlotte. Jake went back to his work, assembling an album of before pictures and after pictures, while debating his original plan, whether it was still really what he wanted. Jake picked up the phone and called Henry in the hope of him picking up.  

Hello. Jake heard henry on the other line. 

Hi son. I have some new developments. Henry said. 

What are they? Henry asked quietly. 

The sick son of a bitch filmed and took pictures of the attack. I searched Charlotte's room when you were gone and I found her collections of pictures after the attack, but I also found an unopened manila envelope with a note and pictures and tape inside. I don't know if I'll just be able to merely turn him in anymore. I want to cause him as much pain as he caused Charlotte. 

Dad, Don't do anything okay. Just wait for us to get home, please. Let Charlotte have a say in this please. he asked. 

Fine. I'll get back to work now. He said hanging up the phone knowing his son was right. 

What was that about? Charlotte asked. 

We need to go to my house when we get back. Jake found something. he said. Charlotte nodded knowing what he was talking about. The rest of the ride was silent, Charlotte remembered all the time this past weekend that Grant was around. It was like he was following her and it quite honestly frightened her. For the entire trip, she never went anywhere alone always having Henry or Chloe by her side, knowing they would protect her. The ride back to Swellview felt like it took forever and when they finally arrived, Henry pulled Charlotte to the car and drove frantically to his house. Once they arrived at Henry's house, they immediately walked into Jake's office and walked in. Jake turned to face them when they walked in.