What A Guy Wants

In The Bar

Between the two of them, the sound became  silent.

Do you guys know each other? Liam asked, putting an end to the obvious tension between the two.

Uh, yes! He and I live in the same building. Charlotte quickly spoke.

Oh, really? Liam smiled. "What a small world."

You have no idea. Charlotte said, sipping on her glass of wine. 

Then, I guess it's no use in introducing you guys since you already know each other. Liam said, clapping his hands together. "Gonna go to the restroom. Mike, can you get two shots of Whiskey?"

With that, Liam raced towards the Men's room, leaving Christian in front of Charlotte.

Isn't it a gorgeous evening? Christian chuckled, attempting to break the uneasy silence with laughter. "Bartender, can I have a grey goose martini with two olives?"

What are you? 50? Oh, that's right. You are not even 21 yet! Charlotte's tone was grave and straightforward when she asked the question. "What are you doing, Chris?"

I'm on a date right now. Christian admitted before turning to the bartender. "On second thought, I'll have a beer."

"You.....you.....and him?" Charlotte paused for a moment, her mouth gaping agape.

Yes. With his head down, Christian replied.

How did this happen? Charlotte asked, begging for answers.

He asked me out. With trepidation, Christian speaks. He raised his eyes to see his mother attempting to put the puzzle pieces together. "And as you can see, I said yes." 

There's just so much process right now. Charlotte led Christian to a back room of the bar where they could converse in private. "and with him?"

Wow, Mom.  Is it due to his financial situation? Christian was taken aback by her behavior and questioned, surprised.

No, it's the fact he is way too old for you. Charlotte explained.

Oh. Christian began to gaze longingly as he stated this. "He isn't that much older than me. He is only 18."

And you are fifteen. It's illegal.  Charlotte explained.

But I'm going to be turning 16 in a few months, and plus I think what we have right now is legit. Christan said.

Oh, really? How long have you know him? Charlotte asked.

A week. Christian stated as casually as he could.

WHAT?! Charlotte expressed her surprise. "Chris, you've only known him for a week and going out  with him. He could very well be a serial killer."

I know for sure that he is not a killer. Christan replied. He's nice, funny, sweet, and caring.  

Ok, but do you know anything else about him? Charlotte curiously asked.

Ok, His mom was a convenience store owner, while his dad did police work in Honduras, Mexico where he was born. He was taken from his house in 2011 because his parents did not have enough money to keep him. Christian explained while sipping his rum and coke. "In 2008, he was adopted by a couple, who lived in Phoenix, Arizona. However, while he was in sixth grade, something awful happened in his family, and he had to leave the state. He relocated to Wichita, Kansas, where he finished his education, earning all A's in every class and making a lot of new acquaintances. He even spent his weekends volunteering at the local Petco in his tiny town and building houses for Habitat for Humanity."