Pushing the Limits

3 days later...

Charlotte was seated on the toilet seat at 4:30 a.m., urinating on a stick, her mind was racing. With Christian leaving for college in two years and  the personal tension  with her mom and dad, the last thing she needed was another baby.

Please be negative! Please, please, please! Charlotte thought to herself as she felt the urine stream stop. She began pulling the stick, ready herself for the worst.

She walked over to the sink, and placed it on the counter, and began waiting. She began a time on her phone. As she began the timer, her mind started to drift off as she began thinking how out of touch she has been with her home and family ever since she moved to New York. 

DING!

She quickly ran to the phone to shut it off as the alarm sound would've woken Henry, but as Charlotte checked to see if he woke up, but all she saw was him turn over. 

Hmmh, I forgot he sleeps like he is in the walking dead. Charlotte rolled her eyes. 

As she went walking back to the counter, She picked up the test, and gasped at the result.

Oh my god. Charlotte felt like she would levitate off the ground. 

She looked at Henry, and began walking over to the bed, and sat right next to him, and saw him sleeping. 

Aw, he's so peaceful. I can't do this. Charlotte thought to herself. "you know what? I'll tell him in the morning. He's always at his happiest whenever he comes back from his morning jog."

5 hours later...

"OH MY GOD! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!"

That voice jolted Charlotte awake, and she noticed Henry's side of the bed was empty. She put her robe on before heading downstairs.

As she got closer to the bottom of the stairs, she noticed Henry flipping through couch cushions, almost as if he was seeking for something.

Looking for something? Still feeling a little groggy, Charlotte asked, walking  down the steps into the kitchen for some coffee.

My phone.  he replied, while still looking under the couch cushion. "I can't live without it; it's everything to me."

I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that. Christian stated, cradling the plastic infant that he and Kelly are still caring for as he came down the stairs while dressed and prepared for school. "Hey, mom. I need money for the ski trip with the school, can you cashapp me?

Sure, just send me the amount, and I'll send you the money. Charlotte said, heading to her computer that was on kitchen table, and  began typing on it. 

Okay. I gotta meet Kelly at school to give her back this child. After grabbing a croissant, Christian made his way to the elevator. "God, I'm never having kids, there too much."

You can say that again. Charlotte began chuckling, while still typing on her computer.

What did you say? Henry asked, swearing he heard something.

I said good coffee. Charlotte quickly lied. 

Hmm. Well,I found my phone. It was in my-- 

 Kim said, hopping off the elevator. "I brought donuts."

What are you here, Kim? Henry asked, bringing his arms to his chest.

I just thought I could have breakfast with my daughter on this beautiful angel like morning. Kim replied, setting down a pink box of donut.