More Than One Way

3 weeks later...

So, how is it going with you and Henry? Chloe asked curiously.

It's the best idea ever for us to take a break. Since I have so much time on my hands, I can feel my old self returning and the anger I've been holding onto for months has disappeared, and the assignment we did help me realize that. She said. "he's been really understanding, and supportive. He's being everything I want him to be right now. Sadly, it makes me want him back."

Do you think you'll forgive him by prom? Chloe asked, hoping for the right answer.

By that time, this will be a thing of the past. We'll be together, and moving on from the high school drama. Charlotte said.

Chloe jumped up and down at that news, "I'm so happy for you!"

I can see that. She said, smiling. "I think you are fantasizing about our reunion."

I just love the ending to this story. Chloe said showing a smile that showed off her dimples.

I know. Charlotte said hugging her friend.

So, when is that due anyway? Chloe said, pointing at Charlotte's large baby bump.

End of the month. Charlotte said, smiling while resting her hand on her bump.

Oh my god, I'm so excited to meet my godson. Chloe said.

I'm sure He or She will be glad to meet their Aunt Chloe. Charlotte said.

Or his or her mom and dad. Chloe reminded her.

Well, yeah. Charlotte said laughing. "I don't even know."

Don't know what? Chloe questioned.

I have no idea what Henry will say...? With a depressed tone, Charlotte asked.

Char, the prom is this Saturday. He's going with you, weather he likes it or not. Chloe said. The girls lapsed into a comfortable silence.

DING-DONG

I'll get it. Charlotte said, pulling herself off the bed and basically waddling down the stairs.

She opened the door, and to her shock it was Henry.

Hey, what's up? Charlotte asked, happy to meet him.

You know, since we are going to be doing this friend thing, I thought that it would be nice if we can hang out today for awhile. He said nervously. "unless you are busy, of course."

Come on in. Charlotte said stepping aside so he could enter. Chloe ventured down the stairs, and was surprise to see Henry.

What up, Bastard? She asked, smiling.

CHLOE! Charlotte scolded her.

She turned to face Henry again, "Listen, I'm so sorry about her--"

Nah, it's fine. Chloe and I have been friends since Middle school, she says that to people she only really hates."

What's your purpose here, anyway? Chloe inquired, arm folded.

I was here to hang out and watch HBO, and eat ice cream, and beer-- Henry tried to explain.

You had me sold on Ice cream and Beer. Chloe said, walking into the living room while Charlotte grabbed some spoons. The 3 sat down on the couch and took turns spooning the two ice cream flavors that Henry brought: Cookie Dough, Vanilla bean.

No rocky road? Charlotte frowned, asking.

No, I was really lucky to get these two at this time, because the Ice Cream section had practically been wiped out. Henry said.