Suddenly, She Became a Stranger

The restaurant

Is that the Casey you've been "hanging out" with? Charlotte asked, scanning the area around the kitchen to see whether she was still inside.

Yes.....Christian replied, raising his head to look at his mother.

You're dating a waitress?! Jasper yelled.

What?! No. Christian snapped his head rapidly in the direction of his Uncle. "What led you to believe we were dating?"

First, she rushed away when she spotted you, almost as if she was embarrassed and astonished to see you, Jasper observed. "Second, when your mother said "Hang Out," we all knew what she meant."

What?! Christian, who was a bit irritated, stated. "How can a guy and a girl be friends?"

Nope. Jasper responded instantly.

Where's your proof to back up that sexist statement? Charlotte asked.

Proof. Jasper spoke up as he looked over at Christian.

Just then, the same waiter that was their earlier came out to the table.

I just got word from the kitchen that the woman who was serving your table wasn't up to par. The waiter expressed regret. "I'm truly sorry for your experience today, and as a gesture of gratitude, we're going to make your entire meal free of charge."

That's a lot more like it. Jasper stated as he stood up and closed the bottle of wine. "Also, remind the boss to recruit a new waitress while you're at it."

As a gace gratitude, Henry put some money in the pocket of the waiter when he wasn't looking, so they could come back to that place after Jasper's comment. 

Outside.

BUZZ-BUZZ

Christian looked through his jacket pocket to see why his phone began to vibrate wildly as they boarded the limo that would take them to the restaurant.

"YES!!!!"

What's all the excitement about, Chris? Henry inquired, having noticed his son's excitement on the other side of the vehicle.

I've been accepted! Christian exclaimed with delight.

To what? Charlotte asked. 

U.N Christian replied. "I've been accepted into the United Nations club."

You're interested in United Nations? Henry inquired, perplexed. "Why?"

Isn't it true that you're entering a club like that because of a girl? Charlotte spoke up.

No, I recognized that this is my genuine calling, and I must act. Christian clarified.

Chris, you're well aware that you're a bad liar? Charlotte stated as she placed her right hand on her son's shoulder.

Okay, OK. Christian surrendered. "If I join, it would help me with my college application, and my counselor indicated that if I join, it might make me more of a candidate  to Columbia or USC."

That's wonderful, honey. Charlotte stated: "Look at you, 15 and thriving.

And soon, hopefully, driving. Christian smiled. 

Look, Chris. Jasper remarked. "There's your friend."

Christian turned his gaze to see Casey, who appeared as if she had heard the worst news possible standing at the bus stop.

What the hell is she doing there? Christian pondered his thoughts. "Couldn't she call her driver? Maybe he's off for the night, but it still doesn't explain why she's at the bus stop at this time. What the hell is going on?"