23

Sophie walked downstairs. She saw Evie sitting on the sofa. "Morning."

"Daddy walked out. And mummy say he being a drama queen," Evie said.

Sophie sighed. She looked up as Madison walked in. "What happened with dad?" She asked.

Madison smiled. "We were getting one just fine before. Then he got a text and switched on me," she told her.

"Who?"

"I'm guessing the woman he slept with before. She obviously has an hold on him," Madison said.

Sophie scoffed. She hated how her dad was ruining her family. She hated how she thought she had something good. But Max was ruining it.

***
Sophie went into school with Madison. She saw Max and walked over to him. "You're a pig. You know that?"

"What?"

Sophie rolled her eyes. "You walked out on us this morning cause your bit on the side called. You're a joke. I hope Madison walks away from you. Because I'll be going with her," she spat.

Max said nothing as his daughter walked off. He knew that he was messing up. But their relationship was falling apart.

***
Tom smiled as he saw Sophie. He looked at her. "You okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine. People being idiots and ruining the good that they have in life," Sophie said as she looked at him.

Tom sighed. "Don't let them bother you. You're an awesome girl and beautiful."

"Thanks."

Tom knew Sophie had been through a lot. And he wanted nothing more than to be there for her. Especially after all that she had been through.

He took her hand and sighed. "You know I'm always here for you. No matter what."

"But you're not allowed near me. If my dad finds out."

Tom nodded. "There is that. But I care too much about you to just walk away," he said.

***
Sophie walked into the office. She looked at her dad. "I know you went to see your fancy woman this morning. The fact that you're ruining the family we have."

"Don't get involved in stuff that doesn't concern you. This is my issue to sort out. And you need to focus on your exams," Max said.

Sophie rolled her eyes. "Oh please. You don't care about me or Evie. You only care about getting your dick wet."

Max glared at her. "Stop the disrespect now. I've had enough of it. You are my daughter and I don't want to hear anything else from your mouth. Are we clear?"

Sophie scoffed. "Crystal."

***
Tom saw Sophie walking with a tin of paint. He frowned as he watched her walk into the office. She threw the paint over the desk.

Tom ran in and grabbed her. She looked at him. "What?"

"You could get excluded for this Sophie. Do you really want to push your father?" He asked.

Sophie shrugged. "What's your point?"

"Sophie. Stop."

The two of them looked into each other's eyes. Their lips met in a heated and passionate kiss. Tom pulled away when he realised what was happening. He looked at her. "I can't do this. I'm not going to lose my job."

"Tom. You kissed me."

"Tough."

***
Sophie went back home. She saw Max sitting on the sofa. "What's wrong with your face?" She asked.

"Someone decided to throw blue paint all over the office. Wouldn't know anything about that would you?"

"Not at all."

Max said nothing as he walked off upstairs. But he had no idea in that moment how Sophie was planning revenge. On not only him, but Tom Clarkson too.