20

It had been a few days since Sophie had been discharged from the hospital. Madison had officially adopted her and was now legally her mum.

When she woke that morning, she went downstairs and saw Evie. "Hi cutie."

"Daddy didn't come home last night and mummy sad," Evie said as she looked at her older sister.

Sophie frowned. She gave Evie her phone to play on and went into the kitchen. "What's going on?" She asked.

"Your dad didn't come home last night. I haven't heard from him either," Madison said as she looked at her.

Sophie sighed. "Did he stay with nan and grandad?"

"No babes."

***

Sophie was getting annoyed with her dad. He wasn't answering her phone calls. She knew there was something going on and she wasn't impressed. She didn't know why he wasn't answering.

Sophie looked up as Madison walked in. "Have you managed to talk to him?" She asked.

"No. He's not answering me either. Where is he?" Sophie asked.

"I don't know babes. If he isn't back by tonight then I'll report him missing," she said.

Sophie nodded. She was panicking now. Despite her dad threatening Tom, she hoped anything wouldn't have happened to him. She wouldn't cope if she lost him.

***

Sophie decided to go for a walk. She left the house and saw Tom. "You shouldn't be here. If my dad sees you," she said.

"He won't do anything. Look. I love you. But I have to think of my career. If I lose my job, I can't provide for my son," Tom said.

Sophie rolled her eyes and sighed. "Look. You think I care? You hurt me. My dad hurt me. But at the moment I can't think about you cause my dad didn't come home last night."

Tom frowned. "Is he okay?"

"I don't know. I just know that he's not been home all night. And now I'm worried," Sophie said.

Tom pulled her into his arms and held her close. Sophie cried into him. "What if something has happened to him? I don't have anyone else."

"You have Madison."

Sophie cried and fell to the floor. She didn't want to live without her dad.

***

Sophie couldn't believe she had ended up having sex with Tom in the back of his car. She hated herself for it.

Sophie walked back into the house and sighed. She saw her dad sitting there. "Where have you been?"

"Sophie. Don't."

Sophie frowned. She looked up as Madison walked in. "Babes. Can you take Evie upstairs? Your father and I need to talk."

"What's happened?" Sophie asked as she looked at her.

Madison sighed. "Your father didn't come home because he's been cheating with some slapper. It's been going on for some time now," she said.

Sophie was shocked. She looked at her dad. "Are you an idiot?!" She yelled as the tears fell from her eyes.

Max sighed and looked at her. "We're going to sort it. Just go upstairs."

***

Sophie couldn't believe her dad had cheated on Madison and ruined their family. She looked at Evie who was asleep.

All that Sophie knew was that she was going to make her dad and the woman he had been screwing around with pay.

She knew that she was going off the rails. But who would stop her before she went too far?