22

Sophie was lying in bed. She had a killer hangover. And she didn't want to deal with school. Especially knowing she would see Tom.

Sophie stumbled downstairs. She saw her dad sitting at the table with Evie. She looked around for Madison. "Where's Madison?"

"She popped out. Your breakfast is over there," Max said as he stood up with Evie in his arms. "She has a doctors appointment today. Madison will be taking you into school."

Sophie just nodded. She hadn't forgiven her dad for cheating on Madison. She grabbed her breakfast as Evie toddled over. "Daddy say me has to see a nice doctor today. Can me go withs you?" She asked.

"I have to go school."

***
Sophie went to school and groaned as the hangover kicked in even more. Madison looked at her. "Are you okay?" She asked.

Sophie nodded. "Yeah. Just don't feel too good."

"It wouldn't have anything to do with the 2 litre of vodka you downed last night would it?" She asked.

Sophie looked down at the ground. She sighed. "I wanted to forget. Forget what my dad did. And forget what I've been through," she mumbled.

Madison smiled and took her hand. "Don't start drinking. Just come and talk to me. Please."

"Thanks."

***
Sophie was sitting in English. Tom walked in and smiled. "So! Who has their essays for me?" He asked.

Sophie watched as everyone else took out their essays out. She didn't do the essay. She didn't even know what the essay was about.

Tom walked over to her. "Where's yours?" He asked.

"I didn't do it. I haven't been here. You know why."

Bolton, who was in an annoying mood, stood up. "Yeah cause she took off with her little sister after her little was touched by the chef!" He yelled.

Sophie stood up and walked over to Bolton. She punched him which resulted in Tom running over and getting her outside. "What the hell was that?" He asked.

"Him! Running his big mouth! No one was supposed to know about Evie! So I don't know how he found out!"

Tom sighed. "I don't know how he found out. But he won't get away with what he has done. I promise you. Do you trust me?" He asked.

Sophie said nothing. She didn't know if she could trust Tom. Especially after everything he had done to hurt her.

***
Sophie had been sent to the cooler for punching Bolton. She didn't care. She would do it again. She looked up as Max walked in. "Want to tell me why you're punching people?" He asked.

"Bolton knew about what happened to Evie! I thought we agreed as a family that no one was to know!" Sophie yelled as she looked at him.

Max sighed. "I don't know how Bolton found out. But I can guarantee he won't get away with it. I promise."

Sophie rolled her eyes and sighed. "I don't care. You broke our family. And you annoyed me. Just leave me alone," she said as she walked off.

Max watched as she walked off. He had no idea how much Sophie was going to need him now more than ever.