16

Sophie looked at Evie as she slept on the bed. She knew how scared that the little girl was but she had to keep her safe. Safe and happy. Sophie knew that when Max found her she was going to get into trouble.

Sophie got a text on her phone. She saw it was Tom;

Bring Evie back babe. She needs to at home - Tom xx

Sophie scoffed. She blocked Tom's number. She couldn't have him ruin her life. She needed to keep her sister safe and she would protect her unborn baby.

***

Tom arrived at the house. He knew Max was out looking for the girls. Madison let him in. "Any news?" He asked.

Madison shook her head. "Max has gone out to look again. I don't blame Sophie to be honest. She was protecting her baby sister. She did what I didn't. Protect her," she said.

Tom smiled slightly. "You're an amazing mum. You took on Sophie when she wasn't yours. You were a mum to her when she needed you one."

"If I was a good mum, my two girls would be here. But they're not. I let my Evie get abused by a prick. Sophie obviously thinks I'm crap or she wouldn't have taken her."

***

Max was driving around town. He wasn't giving up until he found his girls. He knew Madison was thinking about adopting Sophie. Despite there only being seven years age difference between them.

He got a text from Madison;

Bring our two girls home. Please - Madison xx

Max sighed. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't bring them home. He didn't know where they were and it was destroying him. His two girls needed to come home.

***

Sophie and Evie were going to get some food. Evie yawned. "When can me see daddy and mummy? Me miss them."

"Soon princess. I promise you. Sophie wants to keep you safe."

Evie smiled. "Safe from the bad man?"

Sophie nodded and smiled. "I will always protect you. You and my little baby."

Evie giggled and nodded. She was scared being away from her mum and dad but she knew Sophie was going to look after her. She always did. "Otay. Me stay you and baby."

***

Tom had an idea. He was going to trick Sophie into coming home. He couldn't handle the mother of his baby being out there alone. Especially with a four year old girl. He knew she blocked his number so he got a new SIM card.

He text Sophie;

Meet me. I'm coming with you & Evie. I promise - Tom xx

Once he sent the text, he sighed. He looked at Madison and Max. "I'll bring them home. I'll text you once I know where she is."

***

Sophie got the text and smiled. She looked at Evie who was playing with her bunny teddy. "Do you want Tommy to come with us?" She asked.

"He hurt me?"

Sophie shook her head. "No. He will keep us both safe."

But could Sophie trust Tom?