18

Madison walked down the hallway of the hospital. She saw Max and Tom. "What the hell happened?" She asked.

"She was hit by a car. She was knocked out at the scene. They're doing tests on her now," Max said.

"Where's Evie?"

"She's being checked over by a nurse. She wasn't hurt. But she just wanted to play along," Max said.

Madison sighed and nodded. She looked at Max. "Is she going to be okay?"

"Let's hope so."

***
Eventually a doctor walked out. He sighed. "Mr Tyler? We've managed to stabilise your daughter. However due to complications, her baby didn't survive."

Madison frowned. She knew Sophie was pregnant. But she had to pretend to Max that she didn't know.

Max turned to Madison. "Did you know?" He asked.

"No. I didn't know."

Max realised that it had to have been Tom who got her pregnant. He was fuming. "You did this to her! You knocked her up," he spat.

Tom sighed. "Look. It was once. It didn't mean anything. She was upset over you and something."

Max grabbed Tom by the collar and pinned him against the wall. "Max! Calm down!" Madison yelled.

"Daddy?"

Max let go of Tom and turned to see Evie. He walked over to her and took her from the nurse.

***
Sophie was awake and sighed. She had been told about her baby. She felt broken. She couldn't believe she couldn't keep her baby safe.

The door opened and Madison walked in. "Your dad took Evie to your nan's. He'll be back soon."

Sophie nodded and felt a tear slip down her cheeks. Madison sighed. "I told your dad that i didn't know you were pregnant. He would literally kill me."

"I won't say anything," she mumbled.

***
Max walked into the room and sighed. He could see how broken his daughter looked. He hated seeing her like that. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

Sophie shrugged. "Like I got hit by a car and lost my baby."

Max sighed and sat down. He took her hand. "I think after everything that's happened, we need to work together as a family. I'm your father. You can talk to me about anything."

Sophie smiled and nodded. But who could stop her from the dark path she was about to go down?

***
Madison and Max had gone back home. The door opened and Tom walked in. He smiled. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Like crap. I'm sorry about the baby."

Tom smiled and nodded. "Don't be. Your dad knows it was me. He's told me to keep away from you so this is me saying goodbye."

Sophie frowned. "What?"

Tom sighed. "Your dad has said that if I don't leave you alone, he'll report me to the LEA. And the police," he said.

Sophie was shocked. She couldn't believe it. She hated how her dad was acting. She didn't want to lose Tom. "But it's my choice to see you. He can't ruin my life like this."

"It's either I stop seeing you or I lose my job. I'm sorry Soph. I have to choose my job. I need to provide for Josh," Tom said. He stood up and kissed her head before he left.

Sophie broke down crying. She couldn't believe what was going on. But could she forgive her father for it?