21

Sophie hadn't talked to her dad since she had found out he cheated. She didn't want him to ruin the perfect family that she had.

Sophie walked downstairs that morning and smiled as she saw Evie. "Hello cutie."

"Mummy says daddy has to sleep on sofa cause he hurt her heart. Is mummy going to die?" Evie asked.

Sophie laughed at Evie's cuteness. "No. It just means that daddy has been an arsehole," she told her.

Evie nodded. "Otay. Me go and play nurses on daddy," she said as she toddled off.

Sophie walked into the kitchen and saw Madison. "How come you haven't kicked him out?" She asked.

Madison smiled. "I still love him. I know I shouldn't. But I do. He was my first," she told her.

Sophie nodded. "I get that. But he broke your heart. I'd not forgive him if it were me," she said.

"I know babes. But I've two kids with him," Madison said.

"Two?"

Madison smiled and nodded. "Yes. You and Evie. You're both my girls and I love you," she told her.

Sophie smiled and nodded. She had finally felt like she had a mum who cared for her. "I know you're not my real mum. But I love you."

"I love you too."

***
Sophie was sitting in her room when she got a text from Tom;

Are you okay? I miss you - Tom x

Sophie didn't reply. She was too hurt by what had gone on with her and Tom. There had been too much hurt between them.

She typed out a reply;

I'm fine. Can I see you for half an hour? - Sophie xx

Before she realised what she had done, she sent the text. She swore to herself. "Idiot," she mumbled.

***
Sophie found herself sitting in the park. She looked up as Tom walked over. He sat down and smiled. "Are you okay?"

"My dad has been cheating on Madison. Now I'm freaking out in case she leaves. She's been my mum since I came here. And I don't want her to go."

"She won't. And if she does, then she'll take you."

Sophie shrugged. "She did adopt me. So technically she's my mum."

"See."

Tom placed a hand on her cheek and sighed. "I missed you so much."

"Stop it. You broke my heart so badly and I can't forgive that," she said as she looked at him.

Tom nodded. "I know. I just thought I'd let you know," he said as he stood up and went to walk off. He turned back to Sophie. "When you're out of school, I'm going to have you back."

***
Sophie went back home. She had stupidly had sex with Tom again and she felt like an idiot for it.

Sophie saw Max sitting on the sofa. "Why did you cheat on Madison?" She asked as she looked at him.

"Sophie. Don't."

Sophie rolled her eyes. "And you call yourself a man? The man of the house? No. You're a joke. Until you can act like the man we need you to be, then I won't be talking to you," she told him as she walked off.

Sophie saw her dad's vodka in the kitchen. She walked in and picked it up. Sophie downed the drink. Not realising that this would be her downward spiral.